International Business Development Officer
The BioNB team works with start-ups, SMEs, growth stage companies and researchers to help foster economic development opportunities in New Brunswick's biosciences sector.
The International Business Development Officer (IBDO) will work closely with BioNB staff to increase the visibility of the province's Bio sector on the global stage while supporting their clients' efforts in becoming export ready and opening new international market opportunities. The IBDO will also work closely with other ecosystem stakeholders to support client export opportunities and develop reciprocal inward investment opportunities for the province of New Brunswick as they relate to the Bio sector.
The IBDO will work to gather intelligence on:
- potential international market clusters;
- existing and successful models for global partnerships; and
- existing models for inward investment attraction for a region like NB; while supporting NB Bio clients with foreign market intelligence and validation.
This role is one of research, relationship building, and intelligence gathering. The IBDO will be required to do research, report on metrics and support intelligence gathering while guiding clients in becoming more export ready. The role will require regional, national and international travel and is well suited to a highly organized relationship builder who is familiar with New Brunswick's entrepreneurial ecosystem.
The candidate must hold a valid driver's licence, passport and possess a second language.
This is a 20-month contract with the possibility of extension.
- Relevant work experience
- Experience in market intelligence gathering, new market development and working with stakeholders like the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service or the province’s Trade and Export team.
- Able to build effective and trusting relationships with clients and partners – both regionally and internationally.
- Experience participating or leading outgoing and/or incoming missions.
- Experience moving projects forward within a team of multiple stakeholders and clients. Experience working at the speed of business.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent research skills as they relate to gathering market and business intelligence.
- Business acumen, knowledge of the path to technology commercialization including IP protection, regulatory hurdles in foreign markets, market identification, funding programs and investment opportunities.
- Bilingual (French/English) seen as an asset.
- Expertise with electronic tools – everything you would use in a business environment (MS Office, CRMs, email marketing, Twitter, LinkedIn, and website content management systems).
Business Intelligence, International Business, Building Relationships, Multi Tasking, Project Management, Research and Analysis, Commercialization, Product Development, Languages
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter by July 12, 2016. Your application should outline your work experience, demonstrate positive outcomes from your experience working within a collaborative team, and provide evidence of effective coaching and mentoring activities. If selected, this position includes a 3-month trial period to confirm that you are a good fit.
Employment Date: As soon as possible
Position Length: 20-month term with possibility of extension
Closing Date: July 12, 2016
Compensation: Total compensation to include a salary, matching RRSP and shared benefits package
Hours per Week: Full-time – as required