Looking for new challenges working with some of the latest technologies at a rapidly growing, fast-paced tech company?
Go2mobi works with advertisers (from game developers to hotel brands and everything in between) to drive high volumes of customers to their apps and sites. We build and power the technology to manage and serve hundreds of millions of ad impressions every day. With a team in both Vancouver and Victoria, we pride ourselves on being a tight-knit, hardworking crew whose mission is to build advertising technologies that media buyers love. Join our pioneering tech team and work on systems that handle half a million requests per second with millisecond response times and analyze terabytes of new data each day.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to research, design, build, and improve Go2mobi's mobile advertising platform. From prototype to production, you'll play a leadership role in each step of the development lifecycle. You'll be working on extremely tough challenges that require innovative out-of-the-box thinking. If you consider yourself a technology polyglot who can learn new languages and technologies quickly and on the fly, this is a great opportunity to work side by side with some of the biggest innovators in the mobile advertising industry.
What you'll do
- Design and build scaleable systems using Go, Ruby, RabbitMQ, Aerospike & PostgreSQL;
- Assist tech and business teams to gather and refine product requirements;
- Build fast and stable systems that solve tough architectural challenges;
- Build, deploy and monitor systems in an agile DevOps-driven environment; and
- Evaluate and learn new languages and technologies quickly as required.
What you'll need
- Have 3+ years of experience working on distributed systems;
- Experienced working in a scrum product development environment;
- Experienced with Go, Ruby, Python or related languages;
- Experienced with PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Aerospike or related databases;
- Familiarity with RabbitMQ, Kafka, NATS, nsq or related messaging systems; and
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, startup environment without micromanagement.
Bonus points for…
- Familiarity with service containerization with Docker and Kubernetes;
- Familiarity with the Amazon Web Services stack (EC2, S3, Redshift);
- Familiarity with Spark, Presto, Hadoop, Athena or related big data systems; and
- Comfortable with Linux system administration.
Don't have all the listed qualifications but consider yourself a top notch developer? We encourage you to submit an application anyways explaining why you'd be a great addition to our team.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Go2mobi is a mobile advertising and technology company with 1000's of clients globally. Our clients are brands, agencies and media buyers who want to buy hyper-targeted ads space on the mobile devices of the 3 billion global consumers who make up our advertising network. We work with a wide variety of brands, agencies, and performance marketers, including major brands like Best Western, Honda, and Candy Crush to build and deliver impressive advertising results on mobile. We're proud to say that our entire advertising technology platform is proprietary and built in-house, including our Publisher Network, Demand-Side Platform and Data Management Platform.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Work with smart, driven and inspiring people in a fun and collaborative work environment;
- Work at the forefront of mobile advertising innovation;
- Have the ability to be creative and strategic;
- Have an opportunity to work with the latest technologies;
- Work in a dog friendly, open concept office in downtown Victoria, including free fresh fruit, snacks and regular company events;
- Work a flexible 40-hour work week;
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including comprehensive health and dental benefits.