Intel Server Administrator - 70746BR
Since receiving the Randstad Award for Canada's Most Attractive Employer (ranked #1 in 2015), IBM is expanding its New Brunswick footprint by growing its IT Services Centre.
Through partnership and collaboration, IBM is planting the economic development seeds to help transition New Brunswick into a knowledge worker economy that can positively tackle challenges for the benefit of all Canadians and organizations around the world. Will you join us?
What you'll do
This role involves system Administration support for Intel/Windows server platform, primarily at the OS level, in providing day to day (problem/change), security compliance, and project support for a commerical account. This includes:
- Problem Management - response, analysis, determination, resolution, root cause analysis, and oncall off hour support.
- Change Management - plan, schedule, create, execute/implement, and understanding of the process and tools.
- Server Backup/Restore support.
- Security compliance - APAR patching, User ID management, health check remediation, server build/hardening, and audit support. Intel/Windows Server version upgrades associated with maintaining version currency within the server environment.
- Support of associated Intel software products: Active Directory, Vmware (ESX, Vcenter, SSO, Update Manager), DNS, Dhcp, SNMP, SMTP, FTP, FTP - Secure FTP, HTTP, TCP/IP, Trend Micro AntiVirus, Symantec Antivius, Bladecentre, HP Blade C7000 servers, TSM, Hyperic/VCOPS, Flex Systems and HA/DR
What you'll need
- Proven (5-10 years) knowledge and experience with Versions 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012 Windows
- Proven (3-5 years) knowledge and experience with VMware and associated components
- Proven (3-5 years) knowledge and experience in working with AntiVirus software.
- Must be on-site daily in our Saint John, New Brunswick office.
- Must be willing to accept 24x7 on-call support responsibilities as part of a rotation schedule
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Are you interested?
Work With Us
As an IBMer, you can change the way the world works. Join IBM and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers-people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world's top business and technology professionals. Network in an open, friendly and flexible work environment where diversity is embraced and new, creative ways of thinking are encouraged and supported. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
This role is demanding, challenging, and interesting. Different and unique situations arise on a regular basis which keeps you thinking and alert as to what might be coming next. Also, with knowledge, experience, and growth, other opportunities are always possible in advancing careers.