At HeyOrca, we are building a sandbox for marketing agencies to get content reviewed and approved by their clients. We believe that the best agencies involve their clients at critical stages of the content creation process. HeyOrca exists to help these agencies by providing the best agency-client collaboration experience.
We?re looking for a well-organized and creative communicator pursuing a career in inbound marketing. At the moment, content creation is one of our main bottlenecks. Your job will be to build and run a content engine capable of producing great content for every area of the company.
What you'll do
- Craft a multi-channel content strategy, ranging from social content to sales collateral.
- Translate this content strategy into a straightforward content calendar.
- Write a comprehensive and well-researched outline for each piece of content in the content calendar.
- Produce at least one long-form article every month.
- Coordinate with freelance writers to increase our operating capacity, as needed.
- Collaborate with graphic design to produce visually striking content.
- Collaborate with our community manager to ensure all inbound efforts are in sync.
- Collaborate with marketing operations to built out our marketing automation capabilities, with an emphasis on email nurturing and sales support.
- Don?t be limited to written content. Incorporate video and audio wherever possible.
- Be the go-to person for any email, collateral and website copy.
- Arrange and conduct interviews with industry experts.
- Improve our off-site SEO through link building by creating opportunities to guest blog in reputable publications, and actively promoting our best content to receive backlinks.
- Ensure our on-site SEO is on-point, and that our information architecture aligns with our keyword research, and follows best practices around cornerstone content.
What you'll need
(in order of importance)
- Approachable writing style with impeccable grammar.
- Previous sales and marketing experience.
- Well organized, natural communicator and avid learner.
- Intermediate understanding of SEO.
- Familiarity with product marketing principles and persona development.
- Familiarity with marketing automation and segmentation.
- Familiarity with principles of persuasive sales copywriting.
- Introductory WordPress, HTML/CSS, and Graphic Design skills.
- Degree in Journalism.
*Please attach writing samples
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Read more about us at: https://www.heyorca.com/careers
Are you interested?
Work With Us
A little bit about the team
We're a team of 22 from 7 different countries based in the oldest city in North America - St. John?s, Newfoundland.
We place great trust in each other to make the best decisions for the company.
As a startup, we are constantly learning and every small win is a source of motivation.
If you want to play a huge part in shaping how top agencies around the world collaborate with their clients, we think you'll enjoy working with us :)
It's not going to be easy - but you will grow and have more fun than you have ever had!
Perks and benefits
Opportunity to participate in company stock option plan
RRSP Matching contribution
Health and benefit coverage
Company issued phone and laptop