Based in Atlantic Canada, CAA Atlantic has more than doubled in size in the past 10 years and now counts more than 258,000 Members in all 4 Atlantic Provinces. We are currently looking for a competent Help Desk Technician located in our Saint John Corporate office to provide quick and useful assistance on computer systems in person and remotely. In this role you will be part of a team and serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance via phone and email.
The ideal candidate will be a team player and have excellent customer service, technical and time management skill. They must be passionate about helping people and keeping on top of changes in technology. In this role you must have broad technical knowledge and be skilled at methodical troubleshooting through pertinent questions and various diagnostic techniques.
To be successful the role requires a high degree of communication skill, both written and verbal to effectively manage customer expectations.
What you'll do
- Handle Tier 1 help desk escalations through tickets or phone
- Support PCs, Smartphones, iOS/Android tablets, printers, copiers, etc.
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution
- Create accounts and configure hardware as part of on-boarding process
- Support audio/video equipment in conference rooms
- Author, manage and operate according to IT Policies and Procedures
- Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records
- Contribute to an on-call support rotation.
- Some overtime and after-hours support on a team rotation basis.
- Some travel throughout Atlantic Canada will be necessary at times so applicant must possess a valid driver's license.
- Continual Online Technical learning
- Other duties may be added and/or assigned as needed
What you'll need
Education and Competencies:
- Completed Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or College Diploma in Information Technology.
- Excellent organization, planning and prioritizing skills.
- Skilled in analysis, problem solving, critical thinking and decision making.
- Ability to meet deadlines and communicate the status of assignments.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users.
- The ability to converse, read and write French would be an asset.
Required Technical Expertise:
- Windows 10, iOS, Android, etc.
- Active Directory and O365 Administration.
- Hardware support of PCs, printers, scanners, computer peripherals, mobile devices, smartphones, tablets, etc.
- Client PC connectivity - ethernet, TCP/IP and VPN.
- Desktop security (i.e. Anti-virus, Anti-malware) products.
- Computer Imaging
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
CAA Atlantic Limited
Based in Atlantic Canada, CAA Atlantic has more than doubled in size in the past 10 years and now serves more than 245,000 Members in all 4 Atlantic Provinces.
We are part of the CAA Federation and with over six million Members, CAA is one of the largest and most trusted & respected consumer-based organizations in Canada. In addition to being the preeminent Auto Club in the country, CAA is also one of Canada's largest leisure travel agencies, is a leading provider of insurance products, and offers Members an outstanding savings and rewards program. CAA has a long history of advocacy as the voice of the traveling public.
Empowered to Achieve
Working at CAA , you'll find a lot of open doors, and an environment where people are treated as equals. We are a somewhat traditional environment that excels in open communication and strives for the family-focused environment for which Atlantic Canada prides itself. This office is not a place where you'll find micro-managers; instead, we concentrate on having meaningful and open conversations.
We are a company that carries a central mission of being there to help people when they need it the most; making bad days good and good days better. We help bring it to life by creating an empowered and respectful work environment; a place where employees know they will be truly valued. Giving back, and striving for self-improvement are attitudes that are rewarded with the trust and space to excel in your work.
Giving Back to the Community
As a not-for-profit organization, we are engaged in giving back to meaningful causes. We contribute to the P.A.L.S (Partners Assisting Local Schools) program, which helps provide opportunities to children in Saint John schools. The IWK, Canadian Blood Services, and Janeway Children's Hospital Foundation are also among the important organizations we strive to help.
We are a Member First organization with a deep understanding of the power in valuing human connections and contributions. That's something we can all get behind!
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- A compensation plan that includes a competitive salary, as well as an extensive benefits & pension package.
- Ongoing coaching, education, and career development programs.
- Free Parking.
- On-site Fitness Room.