Marcus Daniels, Lauren Robinson and I (Ben Yoskovitz) founded Highline Beta with the mission of building better ventures. Our thesis is this: by unlocking the assets within large companies, we can help them grow beyond their core through internal and external innovation.
We're blending an innovation consulting business with a venture studio and venture capital business, giving us the ability to build new businesses in a number of ways. We're building a team of exceptional people that are excited by the prospect of working at a company that's doing something different and delivering incredible value.
We love building businesses. We love the mission of finding meaningful problems to solve, and then solving them with the right solutions. We love helping others achieve their goals, whether it's an innovation leader inside a large company, or a founder that's scaling her startup. Everything is a puzzle that needs to be figured out, and we spend our time at Highline Beta putting the puzzles together.
Our team at Highline Beta are customer-obsessed doers, driven by outcomes over outputs. Reporting to the Founding Partner & CPO, Ben Yoskovitz - you will join the Venture Studio team and work alongside a team made up of Designers like Jake Janosik, and collaborate with Senior leadership like Founding Partner & CEO, Marcus Daniels.
What you'll do
As the Head of Growth, Venture Studio you will be responsible for helping founders (with early stage startups) build and grow, from the first user/customer to product market fit. You will be joining the Venture Studio team as an experienced startup growth marketer with proven ability to grow early stage B2C and B2B startups through to product-market fit.
- Researching, designing and executing growth experiments for studio startups to acquire and grow customers
- Defining and executing customer discovery processes including recruitment, interviewing, and synthesis of insights
- Identifying and executing the best approach to test demand and viability across a variety of channels including performance marketing, content marketing, viral marketing, product-led growth, and sales-led growth
- Identifying novel, untapped and efficient channels for acquiring and growing customers
- Writing compelling and concise value propositions communicated through landing page tests, ad copy, sales brochures, and other growth related collateral
- Analyzing experiment results, iterating and systemizing effective growth engines for startups
- Making sense of data across different channels to provide a holistic view of what's working and what's not
- Working with engineers (mix of studio team, founders, and contractors) in ensuring the proper tracking technologies are integrated to be able to measure user behaviour
- Generating, validating, and evaluating startup opportunities
- Leading customer development, market research, demand testing
- Supporting studio / investment memo writing, thesis development, and presenting opportunities to Partners
- Supporting founder recruitment and due diligence
What you'll need
- You have 8+ years of startup growth marketing experience
- You have previous experience as a startup founder or launching businesses / products from an idea to building and launching a product with early customers
- You have proven ability to grow early stage B2C and B2B startups through to product-market fit
- You have led successful growth initiatives across a variety of channels including paid marketing, content marketing, product-led, and partnerships
- You have hands-on expertise with analytics tools such as GA, Periscope, Amplitude, etc.
- You have team leadership and building experience
We're looking for
A little bit about us
At Highline Beta, we celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don't hesitate to reach out!
Are you interested?
Work With Us
How We Hire:
- Phone screen with Ben Yoskovitz, CPO + Founding Partner
- Remote interview with Chris Chae, Head of Product Management
- Panel interview where we'll do a virtual whiteboarding session with cross-functional HLB team members
- Remote interview with Marcus Daniels, CEO + Founding Partner
- Final remote interview with Ben Yoskovitz, CPO + Founding Partner
- Conduct references & security checks
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire onboarding will be conducted virtually.
$150,000 base salary + potential startup equity incentives + potential variable cash bonus
Working with Us:
When you join our innovative team here at Highline Beta, here are the benefits & perks you can expect:
- Competitive salary and employer-paid health benefits, including paid parental leave and access to Inkblot Therapy
- Stock Options
- Bonus based on performance of role and company
- 4 weeks of vacation days per year and additional flex days when needed
- A diverse team who is committed to inclusion
Highline Beta is a venture studio and corporate innovation firm. We identify and build new venture & growth opportunities.
- We are advisors and builders.
- We are passionate about innovation and growing businesses.
- We are genuinely curious.