** This job is available in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal, Moncton, Saint John and Halifax **
We are a fun, flexible, innovative, project-based consulting firm looking to expand our Analytics practice. We are seeking a Hadoop Team Lead or Architect.
Hadoop Architects work with clients and other internal resources to effectively communicate, design, plan, and implement capabilities that provide value to customers. This is achieved through both verbal presentation skills and technical demonstrations.
Activities include software demonstrations and prototypes; customer meetings and technical presentations; account technical support; software installations/evaluations; network/OS compatibility determinations; assessment of business problems; and identification of solutions using the Hadoop Framework.
This full-time position's primary location is Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal, Moncton, Saint John, or Halifax, but requires up to 50% of time travelling to other locations across Canada and the United States.
What you'll do
Meets directly with clients' business users to identify project objectives and business requirements; and with clients' IT users to identify technical requirements
Works within overall project plan and schedule
Provides feedback to clients and creates structured documentation, including specifications and weekly status reports
Advises clients on configuration and implementation options based on best practices
Provides expertise and leads technical aspects of sales pursuits
Participates in the business requirements gathering process for client customizations
Leads/supports solution implementation, customization, testing, and deployment, including preparation of test scenarios. Oversees client user acceptance testing
Acts as a technical mentor for clients in transferring solution-critical knowledge
Collaborates with client team participants
Ensures that all implementation methodology deliverables are complete and on time
Generates project status, time, and expense reports as requested by management
What you'll need
- 5+ years' experience architecting and delivering Hadoop solutions
- 10+ years' experience architecting and delivering BI/EDW projects
- A technical degree in computer science or engineering
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Previous experience working in a client-facing role
- Experience with Hadoop distributions such as Hortonworks and Cloudera as well as their associated open source projects (MapReduce, Impala, etc.)
- Specialized experience with NiFi, Kafka, Spark, and Hbase, with Scala based coding in Spark Streaming and SparkSQL
- Experienced in the DevOps continuous integration lifecycle
- Able to take leadership/Architecture role as needed and work as individual contributor
- Experienced in Cluster configurations, tuning, troubleshooting, and enterprise integration
- Experience with database technologies such as Vertica, Teradata, Neteeza, Microsoft SQL, and Oracle
- Performance tuning, systems management, and backup/recovery/DR scenarios
Professional Consulting and Business Experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Primarily and individual contributor, but can take a leadership role on as-needed basis
- The ability to work as part of a close-knit team of Solution Architects
- Time management skills in a dynamic sales and delivery environment
- Field consulting or professional services delivery experience
- Ability to travel frequently to client locations
- Ability to work in the US
We're looking for
A little bit about us
T4G's head office is located in Toronto, ON with offices in Halifax, NS, Moncton, NB, Saint John, NB and Vancouver, BC.
We are a diverse collection of tech experts, creative thinkers, and consultants who are driven to produce exceptional change. We pride ourselves on our end-to-end technology solutions-if you need it, we make it happen.
T4G Limited was established in 1996. Initially, our expertise and solutions were tailored to the retail sector, with service offerings in BI and development. Over the years, we have hired truly amazing talent and broadened our capabilities.
Now our work spans the key areas of technology and marketing that businesses rely on today, including digital marketing, custom development, managed services, and leadership on the forefront of data science. We support companies across multiple verticals, including retail, travel, financial services, communications, and the public sector.
T4G Limited is a privately held Canadian company with more than 220 employees, with offices across Canada and a customer base that spans North America.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
It's more than just a job. T4G is a collaborative, values-focused organization where people care deeply about each other, their work, and our clients. We take pride in cultivating an open and inspiring environment that respects every individual and encourages them to grow personally and professionally.
A career with T4G means a place where your ideas are heard and valued, and where you're given the support to make them come to life, all surrounded by some of the brightest people in the industry.