Currently CAA Atlantic is seeking a Groups Coordinator for Atlantic Canada. Reporting to the Groups Manager, the successful candidate will be located in CAA Atlantic's office in Dartmouth NS.
Our Groups Coordinator assists and supports CAA Atlantic in accomplishing its strategic goals & objectives by assisting in the organizing & coordinating of various components of the CAA Atlantic group initiatives with special emphasis on continued teamwork.
What you'll do
- Responsible for initial and ongoing administration of contracted groups which includes noting all important contract dates and the preparation of payment to Suppliers. Group set up in the Axis Groups Module, preparation of Agent Notes and marketing flyer and relaying all pertinent details to the Personal Travel Planners when the Group is ready to open for sale.
- Complete client bookings from the Personal Travel Planners and liaise with Consultant's as to the status of the booking, special requests, deviations, payment needs and deadlines. Ensure all client bookings are recorded properly both in the Groups Module and also in the group registration form
- Coordinate the necessary marketing needs of the new group which may include providing group information for the completion of Marketing Creative Briefs for brochures and/or ad creation, web pages and e-news. This is all done in conjunction with Travel Marketing. This position will be the direct liaison between the Group Department and Travel Marketing for all collateral pieces.
- Ensure the timely preparation of client documents for the group departures. This may include the printing/compiling of airline tickets, manifests, hotel vouchers, maps and destination information.
What you'll need
You love planning and executing events, excel at customer service, possess excellent communication skills, are very detail oriented and have outstanding time management abilities. If this sounds like you, this could be a great opportunity to join our family. To learn more about CAA, visit us online at https://www.atlantic.caa.ca/
- Minimum 5 years' experience within the Travel Industry (sales or administrative)
- Experience working in Apollo (Focal Point) GDS, or Sabre an asset
- Detail oriented with strong aptitude for accounting processes
- Teamwork, cooperation and ability to be flexible and adapt to various situations and conflicting demands are crucial.
- Proficient in a Microsoft Office environment with advanced skills in Word and Excel. PowerPoint would be an asset.
- Ongoing and continued training in all facets of the travel industry - attending product launches, online webinars, industry seminars, product knowledge travel.
- Flexibility in work hours may be required to accommodate after hours events
- May be some travel involved
A little bit about us
CAA Atlantic Limited
Based in Atlantic Canada, CAA Atlantic has more than doubled in size in the past 10 years and now serves more than 236,000 Members in all 4 Atlantic Provinces.
We are part of the CAA Federation and with over six million Members, CAA is one of the largest and most trusted & respected consumer-based organizations in Canada. In addition to being the preeminent Auto Club in the country, CAA is also one of Canada's largest leisure travel agencies, is a leading provider of insurance products, and offers Members an outstanding savings and rewards program. CAA has a long history of advocacy as the voice of the traveling public.
Empowered to Achieve
Working at CAA , you'll find a lot of open doors, and an environment where people are treated as equals. We are a somewhat traditional environment that excels in open communication and strives for the family-focused environment for which Atlantic Canada prides itself. This office is not a place where you'll find micro-managers; instead, we concentrate on having meaningful and open conversations.
We are a company that carries a central mission of being there to help people when they need it the most; making bad days good and good days better. We help bring it to life by creating an empowered and respectful work environment; a place where employees know they will be truly valued. Giving back, and striving for self-improvement are attitudes that are rewarded with the trust and space to excel in your work.
Giving Back to the Community
As a not-for-profit organization, we are CAA Atlantic engaged in giving back to meaningful causes. We contribute to the P.A.L.S (Partners Assisting Local Schools) program, which helps provide opportunities to children in Saint John schools. The IWK, Canadian Blood Services, and Janeway Children's Hospital Foundation are also among the important organizations we strive to help.
We are a Member First organization with a deep understanding of the power in valuing human connections and contributions. That's something we can all get behind!
Are you interested?
Work With Us
With over 6.5 million Members nation-wide, CAA is one of the largest and most respected consumer-based organizations in Canada, recently being awarded The Most Trusted Brand in Canada. In addition to being the preeminent Auto Club in the country, CAA is one of Canada's largest leisure travel agencies; it is a leading provider of insurance products, and offers Members everyday savings through its CAA Member Rewards program. At the heart of our business is our desire to provide our Members with peace of mind and quality service through our roadside assistance, automotive, insurance, travel and rewards businesses. We continuously strive to increase our relevance and enhance our value to Members and ensure we are socially responsible.