We are in need of a detail oriented, quick learning front-end developer as a resource for online course development projects. Please refer to Skills required.
Primary assignment is to complete assigned assessment development. You will format assessment scripts provided by our client's content writer for loading to a Learning Management System (LMS), then configure assessment settings and grade book settings. Task specific training will be provided for this task.
A secondary role will be to provide front-end developer and instructional design tasks support on other online course development and course reversion projects. Tasks may vary and include, but are not limited to:
- lesson content development using scripts provided by our client's content writer adhering to client's Bootstrap based framework guidelines
- assessment development using scripts provided by our client's content writer
- peer verification review of co-worker's deliverables prior to delivery to client
- fix assigned defects found by our verification review and any defects found or changes requested as a result of client review upon delivery
- image searches on approved sites to match content
- course asset audits; for example, logging locations of any Flash assets for future replacement
- Preferred start date is late August / early September, ending ~June 2018.
- Requires availability of 37.5 hours a week, weekdays. Hours are typically 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
What you'll do
- Format and configure assessments and gradebook items
- Use client's Bootstrap based framework documentation and cheat sheet reference material as needed.
- Troubleshoot and fix defects reported by team course reviewer.
- Complete page validation fixes for any pages edited.
- Test fixes implemented by peer front-end developer.
- Orphan file removal.
- Troubleshoot and fix defects reported by client reviewer.
What you'll need
Experience: 1 to 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML/HTML5, CSS3, XML
- Good understanding of use of Regular Expressions (Reg/Ex)
- Basic understanding of repositories and experience using SourceTree/GIT
- Proficient understanding and experience of how to troubleshoot page validation errors
- Learning Management System (LMS) experience considered an asset
We're looking for
A little bit about us
LearnNorth Inc (previously known as Innovations Port Support Services) provides Education Technology support services with a USA K/P-12 client base. We provide curriculum development and maintenance services, and Learning Management System (LMS) migration and deployment. LearnNorth has close to 20 years experience in the EdTech industry. We are a privately-owned service business, with 14 permanent full-time employees and currently 5 temporary full-time employees. Most staff work from our office based in Port Hawkesbury, NS and we have a few remote workforce employees. We are often looking for individuals for short and long-term projects who are detail oriented and are critical thinkers with basic HTML/HTML5 experience looking to expand your skillset. The quality of your work must be as important to you as it is to us!
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We've got a great team of 14 permanent employees and in peak work periods we increase our employee count to ~20. We work together to meet client deliverables. Attention to detai is critical. The quality of your work must be as important to you as it is to our client!
Depending on your experience and communication skills, there may be an option to work remotely after initial project start-up. This is subject to manager approval.
Successful applicants are subject to a Criminal Record Check (CRC).
If you want to learn lots & gain valuable online education experience, Apply Now!