Highline Beta was founded with the mission of building better ventures. Our thesis is that by unlocking assets within large organizations, we can create unique opportunities for new startup creation. As a Founder in Residence (FiR) - Wealth Management, you'll work closely with our Venture Studio team and the Highline Beta partners (Marcus Daniels, Lauren Robinson and Ben Yoskovitz) to form and launch a startup within 6-9 months. You can read more about some of our thinking about the wealth space here.
Through our studio, you get a dedicated team and investor backing you from day one, as well as access to our Fortune 1000 corporate partners. We believe this significantly de-risks many of the factors that typically prevent so many startups from succeeding. That's how we were able to launch companies like Relay, Moselle, and Volley through our studio.
Highline Beta is committed to providing opportunities to individuals who identifies as part of a marginalized and/or racialized group. Read more here.
Please note: This is not an employee opportunity at Highline Beta. Our Venture Studio will help you incorporate a new company, where you'll be the CEO, and get you to launch / traction / fundraising in 6-9 months. You will receive the majority of the equity in the new company, but your salary will be nominal (you're creating a new startup after all!) Please learn more about our Venture Studio model.
What you'll do
We're looking to partner with a strong-willed and visionary founder who is looking to find and build their next startup within wealth management. Together we will:
- Identify, validate, and build collective conviction for a compelling mission + vision for a venture backable startup.
- Build the venture which includes launching the product, getting traction with customers, hiring the team, and generating a path to / growing revenue through partnerships / marketing.
- Raise money from institutional investors and effectively manage financial runway.
What you'll need
- You have the desire to be a CEO of a venture-backed start-up that is HQ'd in Canada but has global ambitions.
- You could be a repeat entrepreneur, an experienced startup operator, or an accomplished corporate employee.
- You are a business generalist with an identified key discipline (such as sales, tech, product, design, or marketing).
- You have relevant domain knowledge with the passion to transform an industry (in the areas of Fintech, Insurtech, CPG, or Health).
- You are an excellent communicator with the ability to convey your ideas and thoughts clearly.
- It would be great if you had prior experience in intrapreneurship or have led an early stage venture-backed start-up.
- It would be great if you have experience pitching to investors and raising capital.
A little bit about us
At Highline Beta, we celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don't hesitate to reach out!
Are you interested?
Work With Us
You will not be employed by Highline Beta. This is a partnership opportunity to work with us in building a new startup (NewCo). Once NewCo is incorporated, you will receive a majority ownership equity stake in the business as the Founder / CEO and receive a nominal salary. Your own salary is part of the NewCo operating budget and will be impacted by subsequent funding.