Highline BETA is a startup co-creation and new venture development company. We're on a mission to help entrepreneurs and enterprises build better ventures.
- Through our corporate programs, we help enterprises speed their path to partnership, investment, or launch - and move before the market does.
- Through new venture development, we partner with enterprises and founders to launch companies that matter.
- Through our investment vehicles, we provide seed and pre-seed funding to co-created companies and to startups tackling corporate challenges.
As a Founder in Residence (FIR) - Student Debt you're looking to explore your next startup opportunity over the course of 6-12 months, obsessed with helping students to succeed in school and in life. You'll be working closely with Highline BETA and our corporate partners with the goal to spin-out into a new venture/startup co-creation that you've had a significant impact in building from the ground up.
What you'll do
FIRs at Highline BETA work with our team (including product managers, designers, and developers) to conduct in-depth discovery and validation into one or more venture ideas. Often you'll be working with a corporate partner on an area of opportunity that we've collectively identified and believe has significant opportunity to lead into new venture development and startup co-creation.
The goal is to identify a meaningful, validated opportunity within 6-12 months that you can move into as a co-founder.
On a regular basis, you will be:
- Exploring areas of interest within a specific opportunity area
- Working closely with a small team (product, design, dev) to validate opportunities (going through problem, solution and business model validation)
- Conducting user research / direct customer development
- Interfacing with corporate partners
- Researching the startup landscape in specific areas of interest and connecting into the startup ecosystem
FIRs at Highline BETA have the ultimate goal of founding a startup that's worth scaling.
What you'll need
FIRs must be former startup founders with domain experience in the area of focus, which in this case is Student Debt. Ideally you've founded a startup in the space before, or adjacent spaces such as Fintech, Education, etc. (although this isn't absolutely required).
- Relevant domain experience and passion to build a startup that helps transform the industry
- A strong interest in Highline BETA's mission and corporate innovation
- Hands-on experience operating at all levels in a tech startup (ideally with specific experience in product management)
- Strong product management background with desire to be a venture-backed startup CEO
- Experience pitching investors and raising capital (or as an investor)
- Experience mentoring and/or growing teams
- Great communication skills including public speaking
We're looking for true doers, people that want to get their hands dirty and build something amazing. People with an open-mind and willingness to try new things, but with a depth of experience that can provide leadership and guidance to the process of building new startups.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
We believe that diverse teams build better companies and better products. We encourage applications from qualified candidates from all backgrounds, including candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.