CAA is currently seeking a Fleet Mechanic for our Dartmouth location. The successful candidate will be a skilled and experienced technician, who is safety-conscious, production oriented, and self-motivated to perform diagnostic and repair work on a variety of trucks and equipment. This is a permanent, full-time position reporting to the Fleet Manager. Occasional travel to New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island or Newfoundland, will be required to move fleet vehicles.
What you'll do
- Safely perform accurate and complete vehicle inspections, diagnostics, and repairs
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Prioritize a safe working environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Liaise with management to ensure a smooth flow of communication during repairs or maintenance work
- Always strive to exceed industry standard by providing quality workmanship
- Perform daily bay inspections to ensure shop neatness/cleanliness, and safety
- Work closely as a team to ensure all tasks are completed efficiently
- Have the flexibility to work scheduled shift work (nights / weekends) as necessary
- Prioritize safety of self and team
- Provide Emergency Roadside service as required for workload peaks
- Must provide own tools
- Other duties as required
What you'll need
- Journeyman Automotive or Commercial Transport Mechanic (4th year apprentice would be considered)
- Welding experience is an asset
- Familiarity with Ford F150 /F450/F550, and Hino 258/268 light and medium duty trucks would be an asset
- Experience working on hydraulics or lift equipment is an asset
- Journeyman - Automotive or Commercial Truck, Red Seal, (4th year apprentice would be considered)
- N.S Driver's License, minimum Class 5. Class 3 with Air is an asset
- N.S Inspection license, or willingness to acquire
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Grade 12 education; and up-to-date technical knowledge acquired through trade-related courses
- Capable of performing heavy physical duties
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
CAA Atlantic Limited
Based in Atlantic Canada, CAA Atlantic has more than doubled in size in the past 10 years and now serves more than 245,000 Members in all 4 Atlantic Provinces.
We are part of the CAA Federation and with over six million Members, CAA is one of the largest and most trusted & respected consumer-based organizations in Canada. In addition to being the preeminent Auto Club in the country, CAA is also one of Canada's largest leisure travel agencies, is a leading provider of insurance products, and offers Members an outstanding savings and rewards program. CAA has a long history of advocacy as the voice of the traveling public.
Empowered to Achieve
Working at CAA , you'll find a lot of open doors, and an environment where people are treated as equals. We are a somewhat traditional environment that excels in open communication and strives for the family-focused environment for which Atlantic Canada prides itself. This office is not a place where you'll find micro-managers; instead, we concentrate on having meaningful and open conversations.
We are a company that carries a central mission of being there to help people when they need it the most; making bad days good and good days better. We help bring it to life by creating an empowered and respectful work environment; a place where employees know they will be truly valued. Giving back, and striving for self-improvement are attitudes that are rewarded with the trust and space to excel in your work.
Giving Back to the Community
As a not-for-profit organization, we are engaged in giving back to meaningful causes. We contribute to the P.A.L.S (Partners Assisting Local Schools) program, which helps provide opportunities to children in Saint John schools. The IWK, Canadian Blood Services, and Janeway Children's Hospital Foundation are also among the important organizations we strive to help.
We are a Member First organization with a deep understanding of the power in valuing human connections and contributions. That's something we can all get behind!
Are you interested?
Work With Us
CAA will offer the successful candidate:
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefit package including medical, dental and company pension
- Free onsite parking
- Company uniforms
- Paid Training
Customer Service Representative 6 month contract
Saint John, NB, CA
Senior Travel Advisor
Fredericton, NB, CA
Property and Casualty Insurance Agents - CAA Insurance Saint John
Saint John, NB, CA