We're looking for a bright, driven experienced Financial Controller with a can-do mentality to ensure our financial processes are always adapting to our ever-changing needs as a constantly growing tech company. Reporting to the President & CEO, our ideal fit for this role is a hands-on financial leader with an entrepreneurial style and a strong commitment to developing a high-performing and efficient company. You will undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, financial planning & analysis, and financial control policies and procedures. If you have a few years experience at the Financial Controller level and are looking for an exciting new challenge at a fun, fast-paced and dynamic advertising technology company with the opportunity to grow your career with the company, this could be a great fit for you!
What you'll do
- Oversee all financial and accounting operations, reporting, and procedures
- Manage the Senior Accountant and Intermediate Accountant who maintain the day-to-day accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, bank reconciliation, expense reports & reimbursements and payroll
- Work closely with the CEO and President to develop strategic, operational and financial planning and modelling
- Administer the company?s consolidated financials (assets, liabilities, equity, income, expenses and cash flows, etc)
- Maintain cross border tax management (transfer agreement already established)
- Manage the covenants on bank loans
- Provide direction and ultimate oversight of the annual audit and federal, provincial, state and local tax process, reporting and payment
- Oversee the legal, insurance, and financial risk management for the company
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions, reporting and general ledger functions
What you'll need
- You have experience with all key areas mentioned, in depth knowledge of the entire finance function; previous experience in a private equity owned, high-growth technology company is highly desired; M&A experience a bonus.
- Previous experience at the Financial Controller or equivalent level, 7+ years of progressively responsible financial and accounting experience, and CPA or CMA designation
- You have a passion for digging into the details and have the ability to explain them, while at the same time supporting and driving FP&A and the financial strategy to support general management
- You have well-developed problem solving skills, a knack for identifying areas of improvement with an emphasis on innovative and creative solutions that result in higher profitability, while also willing to jump in to handle fires as they occur
- You operate with high integrity, build trust, quickly win and sustain credibility in relationships with others; are personally approachable, and a proven hands-on doer
- Excellent financial skills, with the ability to detect trends from financial statements and provide analysis to senior management to improve their decision making ability
- A highly motivated self-starter who needs little direction
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Results-oriented and achievement motivated
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Go2mobi is a mobile advertising and technology company with 1000's of clients globally. Our clients are brands, agencies and media buyers who want to buy hyper-targeted ads space on the mobile devices of the 3 billion global consumers who make up our advertising network. We work with a wide variety of brands, agencies, and performance marketers, including major brands like Best Western, Honda, and Candy Crush to build and deliver impressive advertising results on mobile. We're proud to say that our entire advertising technology platform is proprietary and built in-house, including our Publisher Network, Demand-Side Platform and Data Management Platform.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Why join Go2mobi? We offer the opportunity to?
- Work with smart, driven and inspiring people in a fun and collaborative environment
- Work at the forefront of mobile advertising innovation
- Be creative & strategic
- Be rewarded with more opportunity
- Work a flexible 40-hour work week
- Work in a dog friendly, downtown Victoria open-concept office with a gym in building
- Play foosball daily, with free snack and drinks, and regular team-building activities
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including comprehensive health and dental benefits