Kids Code Jeunesse is proud to bring computer programming to kids inside and outside of the classroom! We have reached an exciting period of growth and are looking for a motivated and passionate person to oversee our program services across the country.
Our ideal Finance Manager will be a qualified accountant (CPA, CA/CGA or CMA) who is driven, can operate in a fast-paced environment and enjoys challenges and opportunities.
You will be designing our accounting processes framework, reports, preparing all accounting data in order to provide quantitative information on performance, financial position, and cash-flow. You’ll also be providing support for business decisions and analysing opportunities.
What you'll do
- Manage and oversee all the daily accounting operations
- Prepare budget and financial forecasts
- Monitor & analyse accounting data and produce monthly financial statements
- Design, implement & improve systems and procedures
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods and policies
- Coordinate and complete annual audits
- Meet financial accounting objectives
- Establish & maintain files & contracts to support sponsorship funding
- Manage financial position on all grants and sponsorships
- Support business decisions and support non-financial team members in complying with policies
What you'll need
- 2+ years experience in a financial management position
- Proven work experience as an accounting manager or supervisor in a dispersed team environment
- Advanced computer skills, ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Excellent accounting software user (eg: Quickbooks)
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and Canadian accounting principles, practices, standards, and provincial laws and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Bilingual in French and English
NICE TO HAVE
- Not-for-profit accounting experience
- Interest in children’s Education and Technology
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Kids Code Jeunesse
Kids Code Jeunesse is a Canadian not for profit organization dedicated to empowering children, teachers and parents with the skills we all need to thrive in a technology driven society. By bringing digital learning experiences into the classroom and in communities, we teach Canadians how to be better thinkers and better creators in a digital world.
Kids Code Jeunesse est un organisme canadien à but non lucratif dont la mission est de fournir aux enfants, aux enseignants et aux parents les compétences numériques nécessaires afin de s’épanouir dans une société axée sur la technologie. Grâce à la programmation, tant les enfants que la population canadienne en général apprendront à développer leur réflexion et leur créativité à l’ère numérique.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Kids Code Jeunesse is on a mission to shake-up the digital education landscape for Canadians one classroom and one community at a time, and we need your help to do it. KCJ is a dynamic and extremely supportive work environment where all ideas and opinions are welcomed. We are looking for enthusiastic and innovative team players who want to help us empower Canadians to be better thinkers and better creators in an increasingly digital world. If you are looking to use your valuable finanical skill-set to work for a growing, dynamic organisation with a social purpose to help us achieve our big goals, this is a great opportunity for you!