At 45 Drives, we provide open storage systems with enterprise-grade quality and performance, but with an affordable price tag. Solutions can range from stock designs to highly customized units, and we pride ourselves on offering superior technical services from initial conversation through to the life the solution; to ensure that 100 per cent of our customers achieve their storage goals.
Our customers range from small start-up companies to industry leaders looking for a nonproprietary solution. With that in mind, our customers’ level of technical expertise varies – so we are always prepared to help with their questions and challenges.
We are seeking a full-time employee to work in our 45 Drives Field Applications & Service Team.
What you'll do
You will be responsible for the Design, Commissioning, Maintenance and Servicing of our Systems for some of the largest technical organizations out there, such as Boeing, Intel, and Amazon.
Your duties will include:
• Participating in pre-sale consultations between 45 Drives account managers and customers, designing and customizing the ideal storage solution for particular customer needs.
• Developing application based test environments in order to determine the right solution for existing and new storage infrastructure for our vast customer base.
• Providing customer service and technical advice to new and existing customers of varying degrees of technical skill, post-sale. This includes commissioning and maintenance of their storage solution.
• Providing feedback to Research and Development team regarding improvement to application design.
Above all else, we are looking for someone who enjoys taking initiative in order to help people and solve complex problems within a busy environment, where no two days are alike!
What you'll need
University Degree in any of the following:
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Networking Administration
- Systems Administration
You must also be:
- Comfortable speaking and interacting over the phone.
- Experienced in providing customer service, especially over the phone, and through Remote Desktop
- Experienced in Linux Storage Systems, Windows Storage Systems and Networking.
- Experienced using Linux RAID, ZFS, Storage Clustering and Software Defined Storage Applications would be considered a major asset
- Experience Integrating Systems to an Existing Infrastructure
- Experience with Video Security and Surveillance Systems • Strong Problem-solving skills and Troubleshooting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- People-driven personality
- Willingness to learn new things
- Ability to think on your feet and take initiative
45 Drives will provide on-the-job training regarding company processes and procedures to the successful candidate.
A little bit about us
45 Drives is a division of Protocase that develops, manufactures, services, and sells ultra-large, customizable data storage systems. 45 Drives is highly differentiated from mainstream computer manufactures due to its open designs and relationships with the open-source software community. The company stays true to its community roots in its product development, technical support and business practices.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
About the Benefits
Besides a salary + incentive that ranges between $38,000 and $50,000 (for 40 hours per week), you will also enjoy the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Life Insurance and Group Insurance Benefits after six months
• Two weeks' vacation (three weeks' vacation at three years of employment; four weeks' vacation at five years)
• Company Pension Plan and cost-shared YMCA membership after six months
Upon joining 45 Drives, you will find a supportive team that encourages professional development. The company often hosts seasonal BBQs, learning lunches and staff events.