The New Brunswick Non Profit Housing Association (NBNPHA) is seeking a dynamic and experienced leader who has a strong belief and passion for the mission of the NBNPHA in working to support and strengthen New Brunswick’s non-profit and co-operative housing sector so that all residents can have a safe, affordable place to call home.
The Association is in a unique position to lead the growth and transformational change of New Brunswick’s affordable housing system through new opportunities presented in the federal and provincial political and policy landscape.
The ideal candidate for this position should have experience in leading organizations or movements with multiple stakeholders and decision makers. The candidate will be an excellent communicator who can build coalitions and inspire confidence and continue to position the NBNPHA as New Brunswick’s voice for housing issues and solutions. The candidate should have demonstrated success in government relations to bring about tangible change in policy and funding. The candidate should have experience managing and developing the talents of a professional staff.
What you'll do
Reporting to the Board and Executive Committee, the Executive Director has direct responsibility for the strategic leadership and day-to-day operations of the Association. The candidate will provide leadership and direction to ensure that the NBNPHA delivers on its mission.
This includes responsibility for strategic planning, budgeting, human resource development, stakeholder-relationship management, fund development and organizing plans and projects to achieve the Association’s goals on time and within budget.
What you'll need
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications, experience and skills:
· A university degree in management, policy administration, communications, social science or equivalent experience.
· The candidate will demonstrate the ability to develop and drive strategic and operational plans of the Association with many and varied stakeholders; deliver strategic direction set by the board; empower, develop, and inspire staff and membership.
· The candidate will demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain meaningful and effective relationships with allied organizations, sponsors and funding partners, government departments, agencies and regulators, the media, service organizations and other relevant organizations to the benefit of NBNPHA members.
· The candidate must have the ability to pursue, negotiate and develop funding partnerships in alignment with the mission and mandate of the Association.
· As a bilingual Association, the candidate must possess the ability to read, write and speak in French and English.
· Strong HR management skills and the ability to motivate a team.
· Knowledge of and passion for the issues and challenges facing non-profit and co-operative housing in New Brunswick.
· Knowledge of and passion for social innovation, social entrepreneurship and complex systems change process.
· 3 years previous experience in association leadership and management.
· Communications and marketing skills: Ability to build the Association’s brand, be a provincial voice, represent the NBNPHA in media and throughout the political landscape.
· Experience in reporting to a governance board.
A little bit about us
New Brunswick Non Profit Housing Association - L'Association de logement sans but lucratif du N-B
The New Brunswick Non Profit Housing Association (NBNPHA) is a provincial non-profit organization with a volunteer board of directors and professional staff. The NBNPHA has over 200 members who collectively operate over 6,000 non-profit and co-operative homes for low-income seniors, families and individuals who otherwise would not have safe, adequate and affordable housing. Established in 1993, the NBNPHA advocates for its members with all orders of government, develops housing policy, facilitates sector knowledge development and networking and provides member support programs.
Profil de l'organisme
L'ALSBLNB est une association sans but lucratif provinciale avec un conseil d'administration bénévole et un effectif professionnel. L'ALSBLNB regroupe plus de 200 membres qui, collectivement, exploitent au-delà de 6 000 habitations sans but lucratif et coopératives pour aînés, familles et particuliers à faible revenu qui, autrement, n'auraient pas un logement sûr, adéquat et abordable. Créée en 1993, l'ALSBLNB défend les intérêts de ses membres auprès de tous les ordres de gouvernement, élabore une politique de l'habitation, facilite le développement des connaissances sectorielles et le réseautage, et offre des programmes de soutien aux membres.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
The NBNPHA is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
The deadline for applications is November 29th, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
For more information about the NBNPHA, visit our website at www.nbnpha-alsblnb.ca.