The Startup Zone is the "Innovation Destination" where changemakers collide and companies grow. We are excited to be launching this new initiative in our beautiful province of Prince Edward Island.
The Executive Director will be integral to the development and creation of this new centre. Our vision is that the centre is where inspiration ignites community spirit and collaboration to support entrepreneurial success.
If you believe in the possibilities of entrepreneurship and how it can shape our community, we want to hear from you! We're looking for our changemaker to help bridge the entrepreneurial community and making us the innovation destination.
Mission of Startup Zone:
- Empower entrepreneurs to take action
- Energize our communities and catalyze them
- Engage with our entrepreneurs and community of partners to celebrate the entrepreneurial journey.
- Enables the development and growth of successful startups
- General Management & Operations of the Centre
- Day-to-Day activities, programs, initiaitves and people in a dynamic environment.
- Developing relationship with internal clients to ensure their needs are addressed.
- Overseas hiring, performance management, and development of staff.
- Assist in the development of the board of directors and organizational policies.
- Program Development & Community Events
- Develop iniatiatives within the centre to aid in the development of early-stage entrepreneurs.
- Partner with entrepreneur related organizations to ensure alignment and reduce duplication.
- Community Outreach
- Proactively identifies, cultivates and builds ongoing relationships and potential strategic partnerships, collaboration, outreach and support with individuals, organizations, academic institutions, professional associations and other external bodies relevant to the Startup Zone as well as the broader community.
- Marketing & Communications
- Develop and execute a communication plan for being the hub for early-stage entrepreneurs (E.g. Community Newsletter & Calendar)
- Financial Management & Fundraising
- Develop plans and iniatiatives to ensure a sustainable base of financial resources
- Preparation of any necessary funding proposals.
- This position is an one year term, with the possibility of renewal.
- Applications must be submitted electronically through the Qimple platform.
- Deadline for applications: Friday, April 29, 2016
- Questions can be directed at: firstname.lastname@example.org