Executive Director - Housing Association
The New Brunswick Non Profit Housing Association (NBNPHA) is seeking a dynamic and experienced leader who has a strong belief and passion for the mission of the NBNPHA in working to support and strengthen New Brunswick's non-profit and co-operative housing sector so that all residents can have a safe, affordable place to call home.
The Association is in a unique position to lead the growth and transformational change of New Brunswick's affordable housing system through new opportunities presented in the federal and provincial political and policy landscape.
The ideal candidate for this position should have experience in leading organizations or movements with multiple stakeholders and decision makers. The candidate will be an excellent communicator who can build coalitions and inspire confidence and followership to position the NBNPHA as New Brunswick's voice for housing issues and solutions. The candidate should have demonstrated success in government relations to bring about tangible change in policy and funding. The candidate should have experience managing and developing the talents of a professional staff.
Reporting to the Board and Executive Committee, the Executive Director has direct responsibility for the strategic leadership and day-to-day operations of the Association. The candidate will provide leadership and direction to ensure that the NBNPHA delivers on its mission.
This includes responsibility for strategic planning, budgeting, human resource development, stakeholder-relationship management, fund development and organizing plans and projects to achieve the Association's goals on time and within budget.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications, experience and skills:
· A university degree in management, policy administration, communications, social science or equivalent experience.
· The candidate will demonstrate the ability to develop and drive strategic and operational plans of the Association with many and varied stakeholders; deliver strategic direction set by the board; empower, develop, and inspire staff and membership.
· The candidate will demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain meaningful and effective relationships with allied organizations, sponsors and funding partners, government departments, agencies and regulators, the media, service organizations and other relevant organizations to the benefit of NBNPHA members.
· The candidate must have the ability to pursue, negotiate and develop funding partnerships in alignment with the mission and mandate of the Association.
· As a bilingual Association, the candidate must possess the ability to read, write and speak in French and English.
· Knowledge of and passion for the issues and challenges facing non-profit and co-operative housing in New Brunswick.
· Knowledge of and passion for social innovation, social entrepreneurship and complex systems change process.
· 3 years previous experience in association leadership and management.
· Communications and marketing skills: Ability to build the Association's brand, be a provincial voice, represent the NBNPHA in media and throughout the political landscape.
· Experience in reporting to a governance board.
Develop and drive strategic and operational plans, Experience in reporting to a governance board, Communications and marketing skills, Association leadership and management, Social innovation, social entrepreneurship, systems change process., Knowledge and passion for non-profit and co-op housing, Fund development, Government and stakeholder relations, Executive Leadership
The NBNPHA is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package.
Please submit a detailed resume and cover letter at https://www.qimple.com/jobs/executive-director/6270.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
For more information about the NBNPHA, visit our website at www.nbnpha-alsblnb.ca.