Spatial DNA focuses on the integration of spatial data and technologies with enterprise information management technologies. At Spatial DNA, we team with our clients to identify the key benefits to be achieved by their information system, and determine the specific platforms, capabilities, and integration points to develop a successful system implementation. The most elegant solutions to complex problems appear simple and intuitive, and we strive to ensure that systems are easy to use, to maintain, and to manage.
The Spatial DNA Enterprise Solutions Architect is a key role, working with customers to define business and system requirements, develop business cases, identify technologies and technical interfaces, and to collaboratively outline the user experience to fulfill customer expectations. The Solutions Architect is an expert in system development and integration, spatial information lifecycle management, and the creation of simple and sustainable technical solutions.
What you'll do
The Enterprise Solutions Architect will work with technical teams to ensure that system design, data architecture, and application architecture are properly implemented and to make design decisions. The Solutions Architect will also support sales and marketing in definition of capabilities, scoping, and budgeting of project work to ensure that Spatial DNA projects meet customer expectations for budget, time, and quality
What you'll need
Specific knowledge areas:
- Airport, utility, or municipal spatial information and technologies;
- Geographic Mark-up Language (GML) - creation and interpretation of models, particularly for aviation, weather, and environmental / scientific use
- Geographic information systems such as ESRI, AutoCAD Map or Integraph GeoMedia
- Geographic data transformation technologies such as Safe FME / Server, GDAL, and
- Agile Methodology
- Lean methodologies for project and operations management
- Facilitation and implementation of DevOps project delivery processes and automation of test and deployment
- Enterprise Architecture (TOGAF, DODAF, and/or Zachmann Framework)
- Business analysis
This position requires post-secondary training, with the following certifications, or combinations:
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, Geography, Geomatics or other technical domain, with specific academic training in Geographic Information Systems (GIS);
- 10 years of technical experience specific to spatial data analysis, systems development of spatial systems, or SOA leveraging GIS technologies will be viewed as equivalent to the above degrees / certifications, with specific experience in spatial data analysis, spatial data management, development of GIS-based software, or development of GIS data production processes.
This position requires ten (10) years of work experience in the following subject areas:
- Business Analysis in definition of system requirements or work processes supporting spatial data creation and management, system development or customization in a GIS platform, or integration of GIS with other enterprise information systems, such as CRM, work management, or business intelligence
- Preparation and documentation of business cases supporting funding requests of $250,000 to $3,000,000
- Development and preparation of artifacts supporting an Enterprise Architecture Framework
- System Solution Design development and documentation
- Managing a system or solution development team
- Management of geographic data representing municipal or airport infrastructure in a mid-sized GIS database (staff of 10-30 GIS/CAD people to support the database)
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Spatial DNA Informatics Inc.
Spatial DNA was founded in 2011 specialising in systems engineering and integration of spatial data and technologies into corporate information systems. We bring expertise in the design and architecture of enterprise services, integrating GIS-based platform products to solve specific business needs. We are active in mission-critical systems in aviation, retail operations, and government. Spatial DNA provides the following set of services:
- Enterprise Integration - we enable location-aware messaging between enterprise platforms either on-premise or in the cloud. Location aware messaging integrates place and geography into the message stream, enabling us to integrate sensors, GIS, and geographic queries.
- Location Analytics - we build sensor networks and perform location determination to identify the movement of people and assets within the built space. Analytics and event triggers enable us to support traffic counting and analysis, movement detection and notification, and provide decision support to retail, events, and local government.
- GIS DevOps - we are bringing the DevOps build and deploy concepts, as well as lean thinking for managing the work of GIS professionals. Lean processes enable us to organize project, internal, case and unplanned work and increase the velocity of work completed, while DevOps build and deploy practices enable our clients to automate their testing and deployment of GIS tools and data.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Spatial DNA provides extended health and dental benefits, life insurance, short- and long-term disability coverage and other benefits.
Spatial DNA works in a virtual-team environment, with consultants and staff located across the country. Some activities require focused team-work and may require short-term co-location of the team - particularly during design activities. Working from home or other remote locations is expected and encouraged.
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Spatial DNA.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
Spatial DNA is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Spatial DNA via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Spatial DNA; no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Spatial DNA as a result of the referral or through other means.
Spatial DNA. is an equal opportunity employer, and we do not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status.