Applications are due by Friday, November 12th by 5 pm EST
This job posting is for one of Highline Beta's portfolio companies: Requity Homes
Hi, I'm Amy Ding and I'm the founder of Requity Homes. Homeownership in Canada has become increasingly inaccessible for many Canadians. At Requity Homes, our mission is to create a fair and flexible alternative path to home ownership. We're looking to help more than 2 million Canadians transition from renters into homeowners through our fair and flexible rent-to-own program.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a critical role in a fast-growing startup. We are hiring an Engineering Team Lead to work on the both front-end and back-end components of our application. If you have significant experience with full stack development and are a mission driven individual seeking to make an impact in the housing and real estate space, this is the place for you.
You will be collaborating with Gary Fung, Head of Tech at Highlight Beta, and myself Amy Ding the Founder & CEO at Requity Homes.
What you'll do
- Leading feature development and technical execution for our consumer-facing web application and the backend services that power it.
- Providing direction on software design and architecture decisions. Evaluating and decision making on vendor solutions.
- Guiding team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Providing technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Maintaining high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identifying and encouraging areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Engaging in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures.
- Ensuring that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security.
- Building new features with a focus on testability and extensibility.
- Defining the right processes for the team balancing agility and discipline for consistent on-time releases.
What you'll need
- You have a minimum 5+ years of industry experience in full stack development
- You have a minimum 3+ years of Devops experience including management of Cloud infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines
- You have experience managing a cross-functional team of frontend and backend developers
- You are proficient in multiple technology stacks and prefer to pick the right tool for the task at hand
- You have experience thriving in web development and delivering delightful user experiences at scale
- You have a drive to iterate on architecture in harmony with an Agile workflow
- You have a desire to build something new and challenge the status quo
- You have a bias towards critical thinking, creatively solving problems from a customer-centric lens, and an intuitive sense for how the work aligns closely with business objectives
- You have intellectual Curiosity and strong desire for continuous learning
- You are looking to make a big impact in a growing organization
- We would love it if you have experience working in a startup environment and if you have experience with data modeling/ETL process/data warehousing
A little bit about us
At Highline Beta, we celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don't hesitate to reach out!
Are you interested?
Work With Us
How We Hire
- Phone screen with Lisa Partridge, People Operations and Community Director
- Remote interview with Gary Fung, Head of Tech, to talk about the role and behavioral alignment
- Remote technical interview with Gary Fung, where you will present a take home challenge and code review
- Remote final Interview with Amy Ding, Founder & CEO, Requity Homes
- Conduct reference & security checks
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire onboarding will be conducted virtually.
Working with Us
When you join our innovative team here at Requite Homes, here are the benefits & perks you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- 4 weeks of vacation days per year
- Join a fast growing early stage company with unlimited growth potential
- A diverse team who is committed to inclusion
Highline Beta is a venture studio and corporate innovation firm. We identify and build new venture & growth opportunities.
- We are advisors and builders.
- We are passionate about innovation and growing businesses.
- We are genuinely curious.