The Premium Beer Company is a leader in developing partner brands to the top tier of its categories through innovative sales, marketing analytics and logistics management. The Premium Beer Company is a “stand-alone” company; wholly owned by Moosehead Breweries Limited.
Moosehead Breweries Limited is Canada's last-major brewer still owned by Canadians. Headquartered in Saint John, New Brunswick, the company has been operated by the Oland family since it was established in 1867.
We are currently seeking a full-time Delivery Driver. This role is based in Etobicoke, Ontario and reports directly to the Distribution Manager. The Delivery Driver will be responsible for the daily delivery of products over established routes within the GTA and surrounding areas. Responsibilities will include the correct loading of the vehicle, recording of delivery information, accepting payment for goods, and ensuring overall vehicle safety, maintenance and cleanliness. The Delivery Driver will be expected to operate the delivery vehicle in a safe manner at all times, obeying all rules of the road, and follow all appropriate company policies and procedures.
What you'll do
- Conduct daily deliveries of products over established routes in a timely manner.
- Perform pre-trip & post trip inspection of vehicle and diligently complete the required paperwork/logs.
- Ensure correct loading of vehicle
- Operate vehicle in a safe manner, obeying all rules of the road
- Comply with all company policies and procedures regarding the delivery of goods
- Record information on pick-ups and deliveries, vehicle mileage, fuel costs and any problems encountered
- Accept payments for goods
- Loading and unloading products in a safe manner, using provided tools as appropriate (e.g. dollies, lifts, etc.)
- Maintain all required logs, vehicle service and repair status and follow applicable provincial and federal regulations.
- Ensure that load is properly fastened down and is secure
- Complete all documentation accurately - daily logs, inspection logs, delivery receipts, hours of service, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness both interior and exterior of the truck.
- Any other duties as may be necessary or assigned
What you'll need
- High School Diploma, G.E.D or equivalent
- 2 years direct experience.
- Minimum 22 years of age
- Knowledge of the GTA and surrounding areas.
- Must have a Valid Ontario Driver's License – Minimum Class DZ required.
- Defensive Driving Course is an asset
- Clean Driver's abstract & Clear Criminal Background Check
- Computer Literate with strong oral and written communication abilities
- Professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced/demanding environment
- Must be able to work with little supervision
- Good physical condition, required to handle cases and kegs up to 150 lbs
- A flexible schedule as overtime/evening work may be required.
- Self-motivated, energetic and a positive attitude
A little bit about us
Moosehead Breweries Limited
Moosehead Breweries Limited is the last major brewery in Canada still owned by Canadians. The brewery is located in Saint John, New Brunswick and operates with values that have been safely guarded by the same family since 1867.
Despite obstacles, devastating fires, Prohibition, the Great Depression, two world wars, obstructive trade barriers, and bruising competition from breweries 100 times its size. Moosehead is one of the most durable and long lasting companies in Canada. Ultimately it has been the Oland family's passion for beer that has enabled them to be successful over the long term.
With their product on beer shelves from Newfoundland to B.C., and its flagship Moosehead Lager shipped to approximately 350 distributors in the U.S.; Moosehead has become an iconic mainstay in North America's beer industry.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- A competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package including health & dental benefits, pension plan and fitness co-pay reimbursement.
- A cooperative team atmosphere that does what it takes to get the job done.
- A safe, fun, winning and rewarding work environment
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume no later than October 13, 2017 by 5:00pm EST.
The Premium Beer Company appreciates the interest of all applicants; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.