Moosehead Breweries Limited is Canada?s last-major brewer still owned by Canadians. Headquartered in Saint John, New Brunswick, the company has been operated by the Oland family since it was established in 1867.
Moosehead has an immediate requirement for a self-motivated, dynamic and skilled salesperson to fill the following position: District Sales Manager ? Toronto GTA
The District Sales Manager will lead the team to build relationships, generate and execute sales objectives for the Retail and Licensee Channels within the Greater Toronto Area. They are responsible for coaching and developing Territory Managers to ensure an aligned approach to generating sales related to Moosehead products along with our Partner brands in all channels of distribution.
What you'll do
- Dedicated time for coaching and training sales team in the retail and licensee channels.
- Ensure that the key retail and licensee objectives for the Territory Managers are aligned with the corporate objectives.
- Collaborate with the Director of Sales and sales team to develop key customer relationships and strategies.
- Work with sales team to implement new sales techniques to obtain profits.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Expense budget management
- Creation of distribution drives and programs in both the retail and licensee channels.
- Participate in quarterly provincial sales meetings
- Participate in the hiring, orientation, training and development of sales staff.
- Responsible for performance reviews, employee discipline, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
What you'll need
- University Degree in Business or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing people in the CPG environment.
- Strong experience in managing salespeople calling on the retail and licensee channels.
- Proven record to lead teams and strong interpersonal skills
- Packaged goods sales experience (preference given to those with sales experience in the beverage alcohol industry).
- Goal oriented, sets high standards, focused on results with demonstrated ability to meet sales goals.
- Dynamic and self-motivated
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision are essential.
- Negotiation skills (influencing & communication skills are a must)
- Strong strategic, analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Given the nature of our business it requires working flexible hours and may include some evenings and weekends.
A little bit about us
Moosehead Breweries Limited
Moosehead Breweries Limited is the last major brewery in Canada still owned by Canadians. The brewery is located in Saint John, New Brunswick and operates with values that have been safely guarded by the same family since 1867.
Despite obstacles, devastating fires, Prohibition, the Great Depression, two world wars, obstructive trade barriers, and bruising competition from breweries 100 times its size. Moosehead is one of the most durable and long lasting companies in Canada. Ultimately it has been the Oland family's passion for beer that has enabled them to be successful over the long term.
With their product on beer shelves from Newfoundland to B.C., and its flagship Moosehead Lager shipped to approximately 350 distributors in the U.S.; Moosehead has become an iconic mainstay in North America's beer industry.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Ability to shape the future of a resilient Canadian family-owned company
- Passionate and collaborative co-workers
- Comprehensive pension and health benefits package
- Fitness reimbursement program
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume no later than August 28th, 2017 by 5:00pm AST.
Moosehead Breweries Limited appreciates the interest of all applicants; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.