The Director of Education Partnerships will be responsible for developing and managing partnerships with leadership and staff at K-12, postsecondary, and other nonprofit organizations with the goal of dramatically increasing work-based learning opportunities for students. The Director will support the first key initiative in this mission, the development of a youth apprenticeship program that will lead to family-sustaining jobs. To do this, the Director will work closely with these education partners, responding to their needs, analyzing data, and implementing systems that enable the long-term success of expanding work-based learning, including the youth apprenticeship program. Finally, they will serve as a key spokesperson for CityWorks DC across a range of settings and stakeholder groups, including students and families.
The ideal candidate brings strong programmatic and operational acumen with an eye for continuous improvement. They will have a track record of success leading major programs and projects in collaboration with stakeholders, including those in the K-12 education space. They will also be exceptional communicators and relationship managers. In addition, they will be comfortable in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, willing to provide leadership and direction to a small team as well as step in and roll up their sleeves when needed. Finally, they must be deeply committed to the success of all young people and will have significant experience working with youth and families from disadvantaged backgrounds.
What you'll do
- Education Partnership Management
- Develop and implement strategies, initiatives, and policies to build and manage relationships with K-12, postsecondary, and provider partners
- Recruit K-12 partners, youth, and families, including delivering presentations, leading meetings, and finalizing partnership agreements and terms to ensure a growing number of youth apprentices
- Serve as the primary point of contact for K-12 partners, including coordinating with multiple Local Education Agencies (LEAs), throughout the full cycle of the apprenticeship implementation process
- Serve as the liaison to postsecondary and provider partners, including aligning relationships with CityWorks DC's short- and long-term needs
- Serve as a spokesperson for CityWorks DC in a variety of public settings, including convenings with government agencies, presentations to school leadership, and meetings with youth and their families
- Operations and Management
- Serve as a mentor and coach to a growing team focused on high performance, accountability, and collaboration
- Develop and implement systems to improve processes, increase efficiency, and build the infrastructure to support a rapidly scaling enterprise
- Support the President and other key staff with local and national fundraising efforts
- Strategic Leadership
- Develop key goals and project plans with the CityWorks DC leadership and consultants, translating long-term goals into short-term initiatives that drive measurable impact
- Use a data-driven approach to inform decision-making and engage in cycles of feedback and improvement across the organization
- Develop and execute a strategy with CityWorks DC's nonprofit partners to ensure collaboration and the expansion of work-based learning opportunities in the sector
What you'll need
- Deep commitment to achieving racial equity and shared belief in the promise inherent in all young people
- A passion for service and student success, including the ability to connect with youth and families from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Comfort working in an enterprise that is still learning and growing and the desire to work in fast-paced, forward-looking nonprofit environment
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, including significant experience in the K-12 space (e.g., student services, high school or college career counseling, high school administration)
- Comfort developing and managing relationships with high-level individuals in K-12, postsecondary, and nonprofit partner spaces
- Superior verbal and written communication skills to effectively manage relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Outstanding program management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and analyze data to make strategically-aligned decisions
- Self-driven and proactive in managing challenges
- Familiarity with CRM or other digital systems for managing relationships and/or tracking data
A little bit about us
CityWorks DC is an entrepreneurial, non-profit venture currently being incubated at CityBridge Education. CityWorks DC's mission is to reshape education-to-employment pathways in Washington, D.C. to dramatically increase the number of young people who secure the family-sustaining jobs appearing in our regional economy. Our vision is that all young people in D.C. graduate from high school with the "social mobility trifecta": 1) valuable certifications and credentials, 2) paid, relevant work experience, and 3) a supportive professional network (i.e., social capital). We are grounded by our core values, including impatience in the face of oppression, trust in the potential inherent in all young people, and the conviction that unlocking that promise requires imagining new possibilities to disrupt structural inequities.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is a full-time position based in Washington, D.C. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including healthcare, vision, dental, and 401(k) with employer matching. To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing your interest in the position, your relevant experience building partnerships with stakeholders in the education space, and your success driving programs and/or initiatives. Sumission of a resume and cover letter are mandatory for your application to be considered; other application fields are optional.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Our goal is to ensure an inclusive work environment where everyone feels equally valued and respected. We understand the importance of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize learning and reflection within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.