Highline Beta helps Fortune 1000 companies identify new growth areas, co-innovate with start-ups and build corporate ventures. Reporting to the VP Venture Strategy, Research, Paige Halam-Andres, your focus will be on working with our corporate clients to identify and build new ventures by conducting generative research, evaluative research, and solution design.
"I moved from consulting to Highline Beta. Initially, I was enticed by getting to work on a client project from beginning to end, helping them uncover growth opportunities and understand what makes a good business idea. I love that we move quickly with minimal approvals and lots of freedom to stress test ideas, iterate and really challenge ourselves."
- Director of Venture Strategy
What you'll do
What you will do
- Make sense of markets, people, and products, that help inform the design of new products, and businesses
- Leverage your design and research backgrounds to design and evaluate new business and product solutions
- Participate in client consulting, helping define both the scope and plan for early stage generative research projects
- Define the future and where the opportunity lies, using qualitative and quantitative research methodologies to ideate future states
- Design materials for user research testing such as low-fidelity concept tests, clickable prototypes, branded landing pages, and ads - using a variety of digital tools and methods
- Monitor and analyze market, competitive and secondary research to identify trends, technological advances, and innovation opportunities in relevant fields across industries and geographies
- Synthesize secondary and primary research findings into actionable insights and recommendations to inform potential solutions / business cases
- Present and facilitate research in compelling ways amongst a cross-functional team
- Iterate on the design and usability of the features and functionality found in the solution in response to qualitative and quantitative insights
What you'll need
What you will bring to the team
- 3-5 years experience in design or user research
- Experience formulating and executing research plans
- Experience creating artifacts for digital user testing e.g. ads, concept tests, prototypes, wireframes
- Comfort with ambiguity and scrappy research - to propel a business forward rather than to exhaustively validate your research hypotheses
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
It's a bonus if you have the following
- Previous experience as a designer either in a marketing or digital product context
- Some experience presenting and facilitating research findings & research ideation sessions
- Some experience with market research e.g. competitive landscape or industry research
- Ability to use a variety of digital tools for artifact creation & testing e.g. canva, figma, instapage, or facebook ad testing
- Ability to communicate both insights and designs with a broad range of stakeholders (both internal and external clients)
A little bit about us
At Highline Beta, we celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don't hesitate to reach out!
Are you interested?
Work With Us
What you need to know about Highline Beta
Highline Beta was founded by Marcus Daniels, Lauren Robinson, and Ben Yoskovitz with the mission of building better ventures. We are a hybrid corporate venture studio and venture capital firm that discovers growth opportunities for large companies and helps them realize those opportunities through internal and external innovation. We believe the most ambitious companies need to build a portfolio of new ventures to win.
We believe in speed and experimentation. And always with an investor's mindset. Whether you're looking to build new businesses in-house, spin-out new startups, or partner with start-ups through a corporate accelerator, we can help.
We work with Fortune 1000 companies on developing a balanced approach to innovation by identifying new areas of growth and building a portfolio of venture investments. We believe in startup-corporate collaboration as the ultimate unfair advantage. Our fund invests in startups that have meaningful relationships and pilots with our corporate clients. When this works, everyone wins.
Why join Highline Beta?
In 2021, Highline Beta Was Selected as One of the Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our Guiding Team Principles
- Win as a Team
- Bias for Action & Ownership
- Embrace a Founder Mentality
- Strengthen Diversity & Inclusion
- Act with positive intent & transparency
Other Benefits of Working Here
- Competitive salary and employer-paid health benefits, including top-up on parental leave and access to Inkblot Therapy
- Stock Options with a 3-year vest
- Bonus based on performance of role and company
- Flexible vacation policy (at least 4 weeks plus)
- A diverse team committed to inclusion
Salary: $110,250 - Salary will range based on experience
What you can expect when you apply to Highline Beta
- Phone screen with Lisa Partridge, People Operations and Community Director
- Remote interview with Hiring Manager, Paige Halam-Andres, VP Venture Strategy, Research
- Remote panel interview where you will present a case study to cross-functional HLB team members.
- Conduct references and security checks
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire onboarding will be conducted virtually.
We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team and encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs.