Working out of the Dieppe or Richibucto location, Imperial Manufacturing Group is currently looking for a self-motivated Director of Health and Safety who would like to help us write the next chapter in our story. As part of the Leadership team, the Director of Health and Safety will be responsible for providing expert advice, leadership and strategic direction as it pertains to Health and Safety for all IMG locations.
If you are our ideal candidate, you live and breathe the role that the Health and Safety plays in the work environment and are excited about the thought of working in a "hands on" manufacturing environment with an evolving organization.
What you'll do
- Lead, align and drive the safety culture at a corporate level by providing strategy, leadership and support for all IMG locations and projects;
- Implement and maintain proactive processes, tools and training that will optimize safety performance and ensure regulatory compliance;
- Lead our Health and Safety Coordinators at all locations in the proper implementation of the safety program and the advancement of our safety culture;
- Develop and monitor metrics and key performance indicators;
- Collect and analyze data required to interpret and measure the success of safety and wellness strategies and programs;
- Perform internal audits to ensure the overall effectiveness of management structures and risk controls of health and safety;
- Manage the corporate health and safety budget;
- All other duties as assigned.
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety and Health, EH&S Management, Environmental Science or a related field required,
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a leadership/managerial role with health and safety as primary functions,
- Experience in a manufacturing environment would be considered an asset,
- Proven leadership skills with the demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with individuals at all levels within the organization,
- Strong knowledge and understanding of workplace health and safety principles and best practices,
- Bilingualism will be considered an asset,
- Strong sense of urgency,
- Able to prioritize and organize work effectively,
- Proven problem-solving skills,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Able to occasionally travel within Canada and the United States.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Imperial Manufacturing Group
Imperial Manufacturing Group is a leading manufacturer and supplier of heating, ventilation and structural building products for residential and commercial applications. Recognized as one of "Canada's Best Managed Companies - Platinum Club", our employees are valued and recognized as the key to our success; their growth is continually challenged and supported within our dynamic and diversified organization.
IMG believes that our entrepreneurial culture creates an environment that encourages and enables our employees to be at their best every day. Encouraging them to think on their feet, to take an idea from start to finish, to take ownership of their job, and to ultimately stay ahead of the competition.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Imperial Manufacturing Group is a leading manufacturer and supplier of heating, ventilation and structural building products for residential and commercial applications. Recognized as one of “Canada’s Best Managed Companies – Platinum Club”, our employees are valued and recognized as the key to our success; their growth is continually challenged and supported within our dynamic and diversified organization.
IMG believes that our entrepreneurial culture creates an environment that encourages and enables our employees to be their best every day by encouraging them to think on their feet….to take an idea from start to finish….to take ownership of their job…and to ultimately stay ahead of the competition.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IMG – Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.