Applications are due by Monday, May 24th by 5 pm EST
Marcus Daniels, Lauren Robinson and I (Ben Yoskovitz) founded Highline Beta with the mission of building better ventures. Our thesis is this: by unlocking the assets within large companies, we can help them grow beyond their core through internal and external innovation. We're blending an innovation consulting business with a venture capital business, giving us the best of both worlds. We're building a team of exceptional people that are excited by the prospect of working at a company that's doing something different and delivering incredible value.
We love building businesses. We love the mission of finding meaningful problems to solve, and then solving them with the right solutions. We love helping others achieve their goals, whether it's an innovation leader inside a large company, or a founder that's scaling her startup. Everything is a puzzle that needs to be figured out, and we spend our time at Highline Beta putting the puzzle pieces together.
We work across a host of different industries and believe in our mix of entrepreneurial chutzpah and rigorous innovation methodologies to get us to the answers we're looking for. We help some of the world's biggest companies find and shape new business opportunities that will propel them to continued growth. For example, we've helped RBC Ventures launch 10+ new ventures in-market across multiple verticals. And we bring the startup ecosystem to our clients' doors, through smart partnership opportunities and our venture studio.
Reporting to Lindy Bates, as the Director, Innovation Strategy, you will be overseeing the venture development and business strategy of one of our corporate clients. You will be joining our team as an experienced product builder. Diving deep into the clients' projects, you will guide them through their journey in translating an ambiguous idea into a validated product opportunity.
Our team at Highline Beta are customer-obsessed doers driven by outcomes over outputs. You will be collaborating with a cross-functional team made up of researchers like Chloe Blanchard, designers like Benjamin Prigent, and strategists like Akshat Niranjan.
What you'll do
- Helping to lead the testing of ventures for desirability, viability, and feasibility using qualitative and quantitative methods to find problem-solution fit and early signal for product-market fit
- Designing Value Props
- Helping shape and define solutions for all types of products, services, platforms, or partnerships
- Diving deep into experimental design from mapping assumptions to building and testing experiments
- Collaborating closely with our internal researchers led by Paige Halam-Andres, Senior Director, to research and analyze potential ventures for market opportunities
- Coproducing closely with our internal design team led by Marc De Pape, Senior Account and Venture Operations Director, to create concept prototypes and stimulus
- Helping to define the venture roadmap from MVP, to pilot, and beyond
What you'll need
- You have a background in client-facing consulting roles and are comfortable both formulating the strategy and rolling up your sleeves to dive into the behind-the-scenes work
- You balance being able to imagine potential opportunities with the ability to test them objectively
- You enjoy analyzing consumer research, insights, and trends to validate, design, and propose new products or services
- You have experience using systems thinking and designing complex multi-sided platforms
- You are a critical and strategic thinker
- You are an effective communicator and strong collaborator, able to gain and build trust with teams and clients of all levels
- You use user-centered design and startup innovation frameworks (Design Thinking, Jobs to be Done, Lean Startup, DVF, etc.)
- You have conducted in-market concept tests using ads and landing pages
- You have strong business acumen that communicates big picture strategy with conceptual details
- You are able to prioritize your own work to handle multiple tasks and ensure established deadlines are met
We're looking for
A little bit about us
At Highline Beta, we celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don't hesitate to reach out!
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Phone screen with Lisa Partridge, People Operations and Community Director
- Remote interview with Hiring Manager Lindy Bates, Senior Account & Strategy Director
- Remote panel interview where you will present a case study to cross functional HLB team members
- Remote Interview with Ben Yoskovitz, CPO + Founding Partner
- Conduct references and security checks
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of the potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire onboarding will be conducted virtually.
Working with Us:
When you join our innovative team here at Highline Beta, here are the benefits & perks you can expect:
- Competitive salary and employer-paid health benefits, including paid parental leave and access to Inkblot Therapy
- Stock Options
- Bonus based on performance of role and company
- Flexible vacation with 4 weeks of vacation days per year and additional flex days when needed
- A diverse team who is committed to inclusion