As part of the sales management team, the Director of Sales - Data Solutions plays a vital role in growing sales by determining the sales plan and sales forecast, managing the sales pipeline and the team of Consultants, and ensuring the team has business objectives and client strategies in place to achieve the sales results in the timeframes expected.
This position is focused on client solutions. This will require an understanding of the various client accounts and their business objectives, while developing relationships across various key stakeholders with the client organizations. This position will support the development and strategies involved with maintaining account relationships, thereby protecting those accounts from competitive activities and ensuring client satisfaction.
What you'll do
- As described above, the Director of Sales will have responsibility for the organization's sales activities and sales forecast aligned to the unit?s strategic imperatives. This includes development of the key client strategies and ensuring appropriate sales plans are in-place and executed.
- Develop a full grasp of the unit?s strategic initiatives, products and services to facilitate understanding of the role of sales and the Consulting team?s responsibilities that support meeting the organization?s strategic goals and overall sales targets.
- Develop the overall Sales strategy for:
- Achieving targeted sales and profitability levels in existing domestic markets.
- Successfully penetrating and meeting sales growth and profit goals in targeted new markets.
- Provide the necessary oversight to ensure that the overall strategic blueprint gets translated into concrete tactical action plans.
- Ensure the DS Analysts/Business Analysts have the necessary support and infrastructure (technology, systems, etc.) to support both current and planned sales activities.
- Ensure DS Analysts/Business Analysts understand the activities of competitors and needed messaging and responses for clients.
- Ensure the DS Analysts/Business Analysts are using the appropriate mix of sales processes that match the needs and receptiveness of customers in varying market segments.
- Ensure the DS Analysts/Business Analysts have and use the needed competencies, knowledge and skills to achieve both current sales targets and intended sales growth.
- Develops and implements strategies to provide needed learning and development activities to fill any gaps in existing capabilities and knowledge within the sales team.
What you'll need
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in senior sales leadership roles in the healthcare or pharmaceutical industry, with a proven record of success solving client challenges, further penetrating and nurturing existing accounts and exceeding sales quotas.
- University degree in business or science. MBA is considered an asset.
- Must be an innovative thinker in managing and meeting customer deadlines and fulfilling complex client requirements and motivated to succeed in a highly competitive sales environment.
- Understanding of the Canadian pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated success in building and managing a sales team.
- Hands-on approach to strategy and leadership.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
STI Technologies Limited
STI Technologies Limited (STI) is a healthcare technology company that provides Canadian patients with greater choice and broader access to the best medications and healthcare products.
Through partnerships with Canada?s top pharmaceutical companies, we support the health-care system by delivering intelligent reimbursement, patient management and patient engagement solutions that improve health outcomes.
By making our user-friendly solutions available online, and through physicians and pharmacists across Canada, we are the leader in our industry, and have millions of patients who benefit from our programs.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Please submit cover letter and resume
- Applicants will be updated of their status throughout the selection process