Posted September 12th 2017
Click, trial, purchase! For many marketers, there's nothing quite like a direct marketing funnel. When the same customers you drive to the site can try and then buy unassisted (no sales team) it means that you have infinitely more control over the experience and results. It means you can learn and iterate faster. If that excites you, read on.
Format is looking for a passionate, results-driven and experienced Digital Marketer to join our Marketing Team and spearhead new customer acquisition growth via SEO, SEM and Paid Media.
As the Digital Marketing Manager - Acquisition, you will report directly to the VP Marketing who is looking for someone to come in and own this, but also be part of a super-collaborative and world class team that gets better and smarter every week. If you live and breathe digital marketing and customer acquisition, we want to talk to you.
Desired Skills and Experience:
This is an extremely dynamic and hands-on job that spans all areas of Digital Marketing. You are going to need to have at least 3-5 years of demonstrated expertise in:
- SEO strategy, on-site, off-site and link building structure and optimization
- SEM and Display marketing, targeting, testing and optimization on all key platforms including AdWords, Bing, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and all the pixel and UTM-tagging glory that comes with it
- Website communication, landing pages, conversion testing and optimization
- Tracking and reporting. You're going to have a lot of stuff going on and you're going to be nuts about tracking it all. You'll do it for you, but will be able to share it with others too.
- You'll also need expertise in learning and collaborating within the team and across functional teams. No one person or team is its own hero. We all here to win, learn and grow together.
- Experience in a SMB SaaS recurring revenue subscription service is a definite asset.
What we'd like to see in our ideal candidate:
- You thrive equally in strategy and execution. You are inventive and resourceful and can turn your ideas quickly into implementations. We move fast, but we are smart about it.
- You are curious by nature and it's what drives your continual exploration into why things are working, why they are not and what's possible.
- You get a rush when you're super busy and getting a lot done. You get a super rush when your efforts land in a win.
- You would rather just try a new idea then spend days talking about it.
- You believe in collaboration and enjoy adding value and getting value by engaging with every department that touches the customer experience.
- You're probably your own toughest critic and have an internal drive to succeed and help others do the same. You never want to be the weak link, but the strongest.
- You are absolutely passionate about the creative and visual artist community.
How to apply for this position:
If this sounds like you then get in touch! You'll love working here, we promise.
This is a full-time position based in Toronto, ON.
To apply, please fill out this form
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No recruiters, please.
Format is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. You will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, creed, disability, or age.
Launched in 2008 in Liberty Village in Toronto, Format.com has quietly become the leading online portfolio builder for professional visual artists around the world to exhibit, market and sell their work. With 35+ team members, tens of thousands of customers in over 190 countries, and voted the #1 online portfolio by photographers, designers and artists, we've come a long way, but have really only just begun.
Some of the benefits of working here include:
- We have an amazing team that will be eager to help you succeed in your role. Learn more about us: http://wayswework.io/features/format
- We pay competitive salaries and flexible vacation and work-from-home policies.
- We provide great benefits: extended health, dental, life, and disability.
- We frequently celebrate our achievements after work (or in the middle of the day if it's sunny).
- We're proudly self-funded. We answer to our community and no one else!
- In-office perks: a desk equipped with an Aeron chair and top-notch Apple gear (take a peek here), curating what music gets played over our office speakers, yummy catered lunches on Mondays, and drinking as much espresso as you need.