Based out of Halifax Nova Scotia, Swept builds software for the Janitorial industry. Our technology is designed specifically for commercial cleaning managers and their cleaners. We develop mobile and web based solutions that help eliminate common mistakes from happening, preventing issues before they turn into customer problems.
Now I know what you're thinking… Software for the Janitorial industry, I'm not sure if I can handle a job that sexy. Well, you're going to have to apply to find out! Come join our team and we'll provide you an amazing opportunity to work on some of the most challenging problems the software industry has to offer.
What We Have To Offer
- Competitive salary
- Health coverage
- Flexible working hours
- Your own Mac / dev environment
- Employee wellness program
As the DevOps Engineer you are a trusted member of the team that enables and monitors our production and quality environments. This is a multi-faceted position that combines engineering, development, quality assurance and business analysis in a fun and fast growing start-up
Technologies we use : PHP, MySQL, Python, Redis, AWS, Datadog, Cordova, Ionic, Github, Jenkins
Monitor and measure the existing infrastructure
- Linux system engineering
- AWS deployment of production, staging and development instances
- Configuration of environment parameters
- Database migrations with SQL
- Network and system administration
- Monitoring and administration of SMTP, SMS and IVR systems
- Detailed levels of monitoring across all levels of the application using Cloudwatch and Datadog
Collaborate to develop deployment strategies for existing and new services
- Design and build automated code deployment systems that simplify development work and make our system consistent and predictable.
Evaluate and implement technologies that improve efficiency, performance and reliability of the infrastructure
- Create architectures that enable scalabilty and disaster recovery
- Report on code metrics from load, integration, unit and function test execution
- Budgeting and Cost Analysis of the infrastructure
Learn continuously: move fast, break things, and determine how to fix them.
- Degree in Software Engineering, Internetworking or equivalent experience
- Sense of humour