We are seeking an experienced DevOps Lead to fulfill a consulting position for one of our clients in New Brunswick. Success in this role will require in-depth, hands-on knowledge of modern DevOps concepts, practices and processes. In this role, you will work directly with client stakeholders and project technical leadership to drive and develop the DevOps model, tools and processes required to support an ERP business solution implementation for a large transportation and logistics enterprise.
We understand that you may not have all the qualifications listed in this posting – although it would be impressive if you did. Experience means a lot, and skills can be transferred and learned, but we feel passion and fit are just as important. Above all else, we’re looking for someone who can bring new perspectives to our work and culture, and has a desire to be challenged.
If you’re looking at this and feel like you’re the right person for the job, we encourage you to apply.
** The initial engagement is 3 months with extension up to one year. ***
What you'll do
- Supporting and improving the DevOps operating model for applications which comprise the scope of the program. Support of these applications will require regular engagement with business client services, infrastructure and other stakeholders
- Manage Software deployment processes and tools
- Plan, deploy and manage test, integration, Q/A and production environments, on-premise and cloud
- Deploy and manage automated testing frameworks for unit, integration, UX and GUI testing
- Create, drive and manage KPIs and real-time monitoring dashboards to ensure system operability and performance
- Identify and drive creation of tooling to ensure quality management of incidents and proactive follow-ups to issues
- Experience managing cloud-based deployments and operations
- Exercises independent judgment in the selection of methods and techniques used to deliver operational solutions. Considers build, buy and partnering alternatives in the selection process
- Coaches and mentors other operations engineers on methods and techniques
What you'll need
- Minimum of 8+ years enterprise IT application experience that includes at least 2 years of hands-on software development, DevOps engineering, systems administration, or systems architecture
- Strong knowledge and expertise in DevOps solution delivery and strategy;
- Technical Delivery Management
- Sharp and balanced attitude who is willing to embrace newer technologies
- Demonstrated experience leading enterprise grade solutions / products using a structured development lifecycle
- Prepare and validate proposals for technical aspects, deliverables, competitive and representative of market leadership in the application of technology to addressing business issues
- Build technology competency and practice within organization
- Broad knowledge of software development and software testing methodologies along with change and configuration management practices
- Experience with Cucumber, SonarQube, Xunit, Selenium
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Ruby, Perl);
- Experience with automated deployment, continuous integration, and release engineering tools (Jenkins, Docker, Maven);
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure automation tools Chef);
- Demonstrated project management experience in Agile (Scrum),
- Solid knowledge of UML and design patterns
- Very Strong Fundamentals on core CorDevOps technologies
- Provide technical guidance and training to the development / implementation teams following the industry best practices
- Demonstrated ability to provide impactful knowledge exchange through mentoring, workshops, partner engagements and official training
- Improve Architecture by evaluating emerging technologies and its feasibility
Nice to have
- Fair understanding about Big data
- Sparx Enterprise architect experience
- knowledge of cloud environments
- Knowledge of architectural frameworks like TOGAF and RUP
We're looking for
A little bit about us
T4G's head office is located in Toronto, ON with offices in Halifax, NS, Moncton, NB, Saint John, NB and Vancouver, BC.
We are a diverse collection of tech experts, creative thinkers, and consultants who are driven to produce exceptional change. We pride ourselves on our end-to-end technology solutions-if you need it, we make it happen.
T4G Limited was established in 1996. Initially, our expertise and solutions were tailored to the retail sector, with service offerings in BI and development. Over the years, we have hired truly amazing talent and broadened our capabilities.
Now our work spans the key areas of technology and marketing that businesses rely on today, including digital marketing, custom development, managed services, and leadership on the forefront of data science. We support companies across multiple verticals, including retail, travel, financial services, communications, and the public sector.
T4G Limited is a privately held Canadian company with more than 220 employees, with offices across Canada and a customer base that spans North America.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
It’s more than just a job. T4G is a collaborative, values-focused organization where people care deeply about each other, their work, and our clients. We take pride in cultivating an open and inspiring environment that respects every individual and encourages them to grow personally and professionally.
A career with T4G means a place where your ideas are heard and valued, and where you’re given the support to make them come to life, all surrounded by some of the brightest people in the industry. This can be reflected through our award of the Best Workplaces to Work in Canada Top 50 for ten years running. We have a loyal expert workforce, and that makes a HUGE difference to our customers. We built our business on “Being invited back”. This is why six of our top 10 clients have been with T4G for more than eight years.