At Dash Hudson, we believe that in today's world, some of the most meaningful interactions between brands and consumers happen through photos and videos. We aim to make these interactions impactful for brands. Our visual marketing software provides brands with a one-stop solution to create, source, measure, and enhance the engagement of their photos and videos.
We work with the world's leading brands and publishers to drive visual performance across all of their marketing channels. The DevOps Engineer role offers a unique opportunity to build and support products for the world's leading brands and publishers such as Apple, Nordstrom, Sephora, Unilever, and Hearst from our office in the heart of downtown Halifax.
In case you were wondering, here's a little bit more about our team and products:
- We're a diverse and growing team from around the world.
- We offer competitive benefits, a flexible work schedule and quarterly wellness benefits.
- We build best-in-class beautiful, functional products that our customers love.
- Our marketing platform is competing with the biggest companies in the marketing software industry.
- We have a big vision for the future of visual intelligence. We want you to be part of it.
- Our current stack includes: Vue.js, Python, Flask, Celery, Docker, MySQL, Redis, AWS (Aurora, ELB, ECS and lots more).
And here's a few interesting details about our tech:
- Over 30 million unique monthly visitors for tools we support
- Our tools are used on many very popular websites
- Hundreds of TBs of media processed
- Over 1 million images / videos added every month
- Tens of TBs of data in our databases
- Over 100 EC2 production instances
- 99.999% uptime
- Large ML compute clusters for real time feedback
- Large ElasticSearch clusters for snappy searches
- Full CI/CD pipeline, 100% containerized microservice architecture
Dash Hudson is a group of hard-working go-getters. We're energetic, lively, and fast-learning. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. The Dash Hudson office isn't your conventional office-you won't find any cubicles here. We created a space for our team to thrive in, and made sure to invest in a space that promotes both productivity and pause. We should also mention that we're very fond of furry friends at Dash Hudson, and have many honourary mascots that double as occasional coworkers.
As a DevOps Engineer you will play a key role in the overall success of Dash Hudson by managing, and monitoring internal systems and infrastructure. You will be responsible for various engineering efforts related to automation, scalability and security.
- Prototype, design, and implement build system components
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company's engineering tools, systems / procedures, and data security.
- Optimize the company's computing architecture.
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Provide assistance to on-call support staff (service reliability / incident mitigation)
- Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs
- Assess, test, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software
Qualifications & Experience
3+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar role(s)
Experience with Linux server environments
Strong working knowledge of containers and orchestration (docker + kubernetes)
Knowledge of primary AWS services / components (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53, S3, etc)
Familiarity with infrastructure automation tools / Infrastructure as Code (terraform)
- Proficiency with APIs / microservices architecture
Knowledge of system/network security and data backup/recovery
Ability to create scripts using Bash, Python or other language
Experience with Rancher for managing kubernetes clusters (preferred)
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
Excellent communication skills
We believe in building great products that solve real problems for marketers, and being unabashed about our unique ability to be the best at what we do. We believe that mutual support among the team, and a willingness for all to figure out the seemingly impossible are what will propel us forward.