You maybe the right person if you:
- Are a passionate, entrepreneurially-spirited technologist that owns delivery from concept through to completion.
- Are an advocate for engineering excellence
- Able to identify areas of improvement and client pain points, working with a client success team
- Have an insatiable commitment for continued learning and honing your craft
- Love working in a startup environment where it is likely that in a day you'll go from product architecture discussions to bug fixes, QA, and testing.
- Are meticulous about the details and knows how to leverage data to make informed decisions
- Understand what technical debt is -- you're pragmatic and know when to make trade-offs between architectural purity and reality of a product startup
- Believe in mentorship and its ability to change lives and is comfortable being a player/coach, mentoring others on the team, over time
What you'll do
- Produce reliable and maintainable software to meet the application and infrastructure needs of the En Point Mentorship platform
- Wear many hats, including leading development operations and quality assurance processes, working with CEO and third party vendor
- Embody En Point values by being customer-focused and supporting clients as they form meaningful mentorship relationships
- Work closely with the CEO and Client Success Manager to fulfill client's needs, responding to bugs and errors while taking care to prevent as many as possible.
- Develop code reviews, documentation, and standard processes for En Point
- Contribute to long-term product roadmap working with CEO and team
What you'll need
- Formal software development training (Bachelor's degree or college diploma and/or a suitable amount of online accreditation courses and experience)
- 3-5 years of professional experience with one or more of the following: Drupal (Drupal 8 or 9), PHP, HTML, SASS/CSS, JS
- Can bring a deep understanding of software developments best practices to the work
- Understands the scope and relationships of small features and production stack for your area.
- Experience and/or exposure to automated testing and being able to create test plans, and review tools required for testing and to debug and diagnose issues in any environment.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of visual regression testing and other product analytics tools like Hotjar and/or Full Story
- Understands and knows how to apply responsive design principles
- Understanding of modern build practices, including performance optimizations, and security considerations
- Ability to write custom modules/plugins for project-specific functionality
- Experience with building cloud-based products and services
Additional experience desired
- Experience managing external relationships or vendors an asset
- Ability to theme and build front-end
- Knowledge of Accessibility best practices
- Familiarity with other CMSes such as Wordpress an asset
We're looking for
A little bit about us
En Point exists to help people connect their passion to career. We believe that life is too short to do something that you don't love. And we know it takes hard work to figure that out. That's why we focus on helping our clients' mentees build the right connections at the right stages in their careers to lessen the burden-helping them build confidence, skills, and of course connections that last.
We have supported 10000+ individuals to date on our way to our mission of 1 million, working with clients, such as the Black Business Initiative, EduNova Atlantic Canada Study & Stay™, Dalhousie University, YWCA Halifax, Techsploration and Nova Scotia Community College.
We've got big dreams fueled by unrelenting passion for what we do, because mentorship matters. Don't believe us or just want to hear it from our clients and mentees themselves?! You'll find just that here. If you also believe in doing work you're passionate about and are excited by the challenge of helping a start-up grow to the next level of impact and reach, we'd love to hear from you!