Remsoft is seeking an accomplished Microsoft SQL Server database architect/designer for a short term contract position (approximately 2 months, with the opportunity for potential extension) on our new product development team. We are currently in the early design stages of a multi-phased development program that will see the release of a series of cloud-based products over the coming years. The successful candidate has proven product leadership capabilities and technical vision. You have a proven track record in the design and development of databases for commercial multi-tenant SaaS products. You will work closely with product and engineering teams during early SDLC phases to understand the business data requirements and deliverables. The contract deliverables include, at a minimum:
· Logical database design and physical database design
· Approach for Enterprise Database integration with on premise data systems recommendations
What you'll do
- Understand business problems to be solved and provide technical direction and solutions during project discovery, definition and delivery.
- Architect and implement business solutions using data/information architecture concepts and industry recognized data modelling tools and notations
- Architect data warehouse, datamarts and data stores, while ensuring high level of data availability, and assist in the design and implementation
- Employ industry standard best practices in data warehouse design and implementation
- Identify potential issues and gaps in the architecture, design and/or implementation
- Work closely with the application development teams to ensure capture of all new data elements and process changes as they are made at the application level
- End-to-end development of software systems from architecture and design through development to deployments
What you'll need
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience. Academic excellence preferred
- 5+ years’ experience with: web frameworks such as ASP.NET MVC; databases and database applications (Microsoft SQL Server); and strategic design of data warehouses and the ability to implement the strategy
- Solid understanding of software development models, TDD, unit tests, domain driven design, etc.
- Analytic, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Ability to work in a detail-oriented fashion without losing sight of the overall picture
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Azure and/or Amazon data services
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction
- Able to take ownership of tasks
- Experience with C#.Net Application development
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Remsoft’s software solution uses data analytics to offer precise operational plans and schedules and long-term strategies that help businesses improve performance and productivity. Our proven software understands our client's data, applying it to the complex world they operate withinin. It produces actionable plans with absolute clarity so they can make the right decisions and mitigate risk.
Our team consists of experienced, intelligent and ambitious individuals who are highly committed to developing solutions that create a positive impact on our clients and in our community, both locally and globally. For over 25 years, Remsoft has been providing optimization technology that empowers organizations to maximize the performance and value of their assets in the natural resources sector, leading to sustainable management. Through advanced analytics, modeling and spatial optimization technology and services, we simplify complex, high-variable decisions. We help our clients to identify opportunities to improve margins, increase revenue, and maximize asset value, reporting savings or gains measured in the tens of millions of dollars.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Not just an office with a great view - the Remsoft culture is one that promotes a healthy work/life balance. Our team of dynamic individuals is passionate about our community at home and abroad contributing to the social and environmental sustainability of our planet.
Remsoft offers a competitive salary, benefits package and other perks (including corporate massage therapy, pop-corn and Nerf guns).
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.