We are looking for a motivated individual with excellent communication skills for a position as a Dairy Engineer. This individual will have the opportunity to work with breakthrough technology and will lead the full installation and integration of our innovative sensor with dairy equipment. Appropriate follow-through will be needed to ensure the installation is optimized and running smoothly. We are seeking a highly-motivated team member who will continue to help SomaDetect make waves in the industry by working to achieve strategic organizational objectives related to IT integration. This position can be based in Fredericton, NB or St. Catherines, Ontario.
- Leads and supports the installation and integration of SomaDetect’s sensor with existing on-farm/dairy equipment
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains the equipment, hardware, and software
- Ensures that all IT applications are updated, optimized, and functioning properly
- Ensures quality and reliability of dairy equipment to meet customer needs and expectations
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with dairy equipment distributors, manufacturers, and key internal and external stakeholders
- Assists SomaDetect be a market leader in the dairy technology industry by providing additional operational support as needed and providing a total dairy herd management package to customers
- You have a strong understanding of how parlour and robotic milking systems function, along with a strong understanding of on-farm/dairy IT.
- Experience working with multiple types of dairy equipment, along with their distributors and manufacturers
- You have designed and built at least one barn from the ground up with proven results.
- You have the ability to effectively lead the installation and integration of SomaDetect’s sensor with other on-farm equipment.
- You have exceptional time management and critical-thinking skills while being able to work cohesively as part of a team or independently.
- A technical degree is preferred, but is not required.