As consumers, we have more choice in more channels than ever before. To deal with ?content overload,? we use social media more and use search less. Building a community on Facebook is a great way to find things that interest you on Facebook. What if your communities on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram helped you discover things everywhere?
watzan is fast growing and dynamic. We aim to infuse big ideas into new products that cater to the needs of our users and clients. Our products use social media to curate all the content you love and any places you go. We have a huge mission and we need great people to make that happen.
Our people go beyond their comfort zones. We understand data, communicate clearly and want to create new things. Above all, we put our customers first and solve problems for them.
The Customer Engagement Specialist position
We seek a person to join us as a Customer Engagement Specialist at our office in Halifax, Nova Scotia. This position represents an incredible entrepreneurial opportunity. The person selected will interact with our sponsors (large global companies), refine a product for a specific market, promote it and report on its successes.
You will be responsible for managing watzan?s live event, website and email channels. That entails identifying content, organizing it in our systems and developing strategies to promote it. You will also be responsible for summarizing and reporting successes to our sponsors.
You will work with the company?s developers to deploy new solutions and suggest product enhancements. You will also work with the company?s leadership to create and execute marketing strategies.
Successful candidates will have strong data skills, superb communication skills and a passion for creating truly new technologies and paradigms. Creative problem-solving skills and analytical thinking are critical for this position. The ability to learn quickly and an excitement for new things is a must.
What you'll do
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with the team in developing strategies to build and grow our business
- Utilize social media to interact with our users and engage potential users
- Implement strategies that attract high-profile users to our products
- Import content for programs into our platforms
- Promote programs via email, social media, search and other channels to build a community of users
- Provide clients with updates on the results of ongoing or completed programs
- Assist in developing copy and creative assets that help grow and distinguish watzan as a cutting-edge communications provider
What you'll need
The ideal candidate possesses the following key qualifications:
- Degree in commerce, communications or equivalent program
- Superb writing and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Superior analytic skills
- Social media savvy
- Familiarity with web technologies such as MailChimp, Survey Monkey and similar platforms
- Entrepreneurial aspirations and ability to thrive in a dynamic start-up environment
- Strong interest in marketing, developing marketing strategies and reporting results
- Creative and original outlook for marketing ventures
A little bit about us
watzan is an innovative company with offices in Canada and the United States. Our executive operations are based in New York City, where our CEO constantly brings new eyes to our products. The development and design teams are based in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We're a hard-working, fun-loving, creative group. Our goal is to build and promote apps that improve and personalize the user experience. We foster an exciting yet relaxed atmosphere that encourages collaboration and outside-the-box thinking. We'd love for you to join in our adventure!
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Please submit your resume with cover letter and three writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes received without at least one high-quality writing sample will not be considered.