Spring Loaded is a start-up company based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. At Spring Loaded, we are developing unique, proprietary knee bracing technologies in order to enhance the power output of the quadriceps muscles. For athletes, our technology is being designed to offer reduced fatigue, heightened endurance, and increased performance. For individuals with knee injury or osteoarthritis, our technology is focused on increasing mobility, reducing joint compression, and reducing pain.
Spring Loaded is seeking a multi-faceted Cost Accountant / Senior Accountant to help us transition from a development stage into an efficient and well managed manufacturing operation. This will be a key role positioned in the heart of the operation of Spring Loaded, reporting to the COO.
- Plan, control, and maintain key cost accounting procedures and work closely with the team to determine and monitor cost of goods sold
- Prepare, analyze, and perform various inventory transactions and accurate inventory reconciliations. This includes active participation in the planning and execution of the physical inventory counts
- Responsible for the development of procedures used to value cost activities and company-wide inventory
- Provide day-to-day operations analysis and research support
- Work with operations to source and implement ERP/MRP, including a PO system
- Manage PO system and Bill of Materials, including overhead allocation
- Develop financial and operational scenario models to aid in business decision support
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, and manufacturing methods to determine effects on cost
- Review, prepare, and manage all aspects of accounting month-end financial close processes including preparation of all monthly journal entries, account reconciliations, account analysis, and financial statements
- Assist in variance explanations for monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Investigate and implement corrective actions regarding operational variances including, but not limited to COGS, overhead, purchase price, and scrap variances
- Assist in COGS reduction programs and plans
- Analyze capital budgeting requests
- Suggest and implement improvement in systems and processes
- Additional analysis, research, and reporting as required by management
You are highly curious, resourceful, adaptable, and flexible, and have high energy. You are driven by and receive high intrinsic value through overcoming challenges, perpetual learning, and working in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment with a high performing team. For you, it's the impact of your efforts, your personal growth, and the team that makes all the hard work worth it.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a rapidly growing, fast-paced organization with a seasoned management team who have been there before. If you are looking for unparalleled experience in a short period of time (a crazy ride), are intrinsically driven, want to thrive on the outside of your comfort zone, and an opportunity to work with an amazing team, there is no better place than with Spring Loaded. We offer a casual work environment with our head office located in Dartmouth, NS, competitive compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package.