Posted July 17th 2017
You will be a key part of our content team, which is regularly mentioned in media publications across Canada. Our content team keeps our website current and informative ? whether through blog posts that detail the latest changes in the housing market, or with content pages that break down everything you need to know about getting auto insurance in Ontario.
The Core Content Editor and Writer will be tasked with keeping all of our product pages up to date. The pages break down what consumers need to know about mortgages, insurance, credit cards and many other financial products. This role will involve creating new pages whenever we add on new partners or financial products, keeping our many existing pages up to date and optimizing our site to capitalize on SEO. If Alberta changes its mortgage rules, you will need to ensure that our mortgage pages reflect those details.
You?ll also be in charge of writing our weekly emails that cover a range of financial topics and promote different products. As the lead writer on these emails, you will be responsible for ensuring that they are tailored to our audience and effective in getting them to visit our website.
The core content editor will report to our Head of Marketing, as well as work closely alongside our Managing Editor, who will review their work.
- Work closely with SEO consultants and the product team to identify what pages need to be updated.
- Write, edit and publish core content on a weekly basis.
- Work closely with the eCRM team to write weekly product and broadcast emails for our customer database.
- Manage in-house writers to produce and update core content.
- Assign pages to freelance writers and ensure deadlines are met.
- A skilled writer with an ability to understand complex financial topics and make them accessible to a broad audience.
- Three or more years editing or writing finance-related copy. Experience at a financial institution a plus.
- Can work under the pressure of deadlines.
- Has a passion for personal finance.
- Is a self-starter who can work independently.
- Health and dental benefits.
- An office fridge and pantry regularly stocked with healthy foods.
- Our team gets a full paid week off in December, in addition to each employee?s vacation time.
- Retreats and trips for brainstorming and bonding.
- Social Fridays: grab a beer or join us for some board games. Every month we break early to enjoy some social time.
LowestRates.ca is passionate about personal finance. Our team shares a very simple belief: Canadians deserve to have choice when it comes to their financial services. We offer them that choice.
LowestRates.ca is a Toronto-based financial technology company that was founded in 2012, and is part of the MaRs FinTech cluster. Last year, we were ranked 4th on PROFIT Magazine?s Startup 50 list. We?re growing quickly and we?re excited to expand our mission to empower Canadians in making financial decisions.