CityWorks DC seeks a detail-oriented and highly organized team player to serve as the Operations and Administration Coordinator for a dynamic and mission-driven team. The Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the day-to-day activities of the CityWorks DC team, including providing operations support for our entrepreneurial venture and administrative support for CityWorks leadership. A successful candidate will communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, balance competing priorities across a range of duties, and demonstrate a keen eye for detail. Driven by a desire to engage in social impact work, they will also be a self-starter who is willing to step up and fill unexpected organizational needs.
Key responsibilities will include coordinating with internal and external stakeholders to organize and schedule meetings; planning and managing travel for learning trips; planning and coordinating events with employers, schools, students, and families; and overseeing the setup of a technology platform for apprentices and businesses. Responsibilities and scope of work for this role may change as the individual and team both evolve. For this reason, we seek a candidate with the willingness to take on day-to-day administrative work, a desire to inherit more responsibility over time, and the energy to evolve as the role shifts inside of our organization.
What you'll do
- Administrative support: Provide administrative support to all CityWorks employees as needed.
- Scheduling: Organize calendars and coordinate meeting logistics for senior CityWorks DC leadership (i.e,. 1-3 individuals).
- Travel logistics: Book travel and manage learning trips for CityWorks team members and program partners as required.
- Event planning: Plan, coordinate, and execute various events with employers, schools, students and families.
- Expenses: Coordinate expense filing for all team members on a regular basis.
- Technology: Oversee the setup, management and troubleshooting of an online portal (e.g., SalesForce) and ensure technology is working smoothly for CityWorks DC staff.
- General Operations: Manage storage and systems for records management, support meeting preparation and follow-up, and support production of marketing materials.
What you'll need
- Deep commitment to achieving racial equity and shared belief in the promise inherent in all young people
- Interest in, passion for, or desire to learn about education and workforce-related topics
- Desire to work in fast-paced, forward-looking nonprofit environment
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Excellent time management and the ability to coordinate multiple operations at once
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the comfort to engage with stakeholders via email, phone, or in person
- Strong initiative and proactive problem-solving skills, and the willingness to take on unexpected tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive material and communications
- Excellent skills in Google (Docs, Sheets, Calendar) and Microsoft (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
A little bit about us
CityWorks DC is an entrepreneurial, non-profit venture currently being incubated at CityBridge Education. CityWorks DC's mission is to reshape education-to-employment pathways in Washington, D.C. to dramatically increase the number of young people who secure the family-sustaining jobs appearing in our regional economy. Our vision is that all young people in D.C. graduate from high school with the "social mobility trifecta": 1) valuable certifications and credentials, 2) paid, relevant work experience, and 3) a supportive professional network (i.e., social capital). We are grounded by our core values, including impatience in the face of oppression, trust in the potential inherent in all young people, and the conviction that unlocking that promise requires imagining new possibilities to disrupt structural inequities.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including healthcare, vision, dental, and 401(k) with employer matching. To apply, please submit 1) a cover letter detailing your interest in the position and relevant experience and 2) a resume. All other application question fields are optional -- you do not need to separately enter your education and work experience on the first page.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Our goal is to ensure an inclusive work environment where everyone feels equally valued and respected. We understand the importance of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize learning and reflection within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.