The Controller will be primarily responsible for guiding financial decisions and managing operations for Alongside. We're looking for someone to keep us organized and strategy-focused. The ideal candidate has corporate/public practice experience with an interest in startups that can help us navigate a variety of situations as our company grows.
This role will evolve with time as it's completely new for our company. Because of that, we need someone with the ability to learn, adapt, demonstrate patience amongst the occasional chaos, etc. There will also be opportunities for external support to help develop higher level skills.
What you'll do
Management & Accounting
- Develop and maintain a system for accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee operations and manage related costs
- Work closely with Co-founders to create a structure for finances in relation to product roadmap and company goals
- Work with partners, existing and new
- Manage employee benefit program
- Manage corporate credit cards
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Manage collection as well as invoicing
- Preparing budgets
- Prepare and review monthly reports and account reconciliations
- Prepare and maintain funding applications and reports.
Reporting & Compliance
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Create corporate annual reports
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Provide financial analyses when needed, in particular for investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate information provision for annual audits
- Comply with legislation for reporting requirements and tax filings
This position reports to the Co-Founders.
What you'll need
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, or business administration is preferred. CPA designation is also required.
- Experience: 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in operations management and/or accounting roles.
- Strong analytical skills with a high attention to detail and the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Advanced Excel, i.e. pivot tables, lookups, index, match, sumif, etc.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Alongside is an HR tech company working to improve the way people and companies discover each other. We get that sourcing great talent can be extremely difficult and a huge time commitment.
Our product and customer success team are committed to supporting our clients hiring efforts every step of the way. We work alongside our clients and help them bring in more qualified candidates in a more collaborative and organized manner.
We also get that online recruiting can be extremely impersonal if it's not done right. People all have a story to tell and candidate experience is everything. We help candidates put their best foot forward and feel empowered to be their very best.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We stand full-heartedly behind the meaning of togetherness. The balloons in our new logo represent job seekers, companies and us. They form a heart conveying the excitement and caring element we help bring to your recruitment process, but also to our work.
Looking for a change from the corporate world? Alongside offers a non-traditional workplace with a close-knit team, and an 'always learning' approach to work. Our open office space is shared with other startups and always abuzz with excitement. We love ping pong, coffee, celebrating birthdays, memes, and getting together for lunch. The team works together closely on projects and values celebrating our success as a team.
- Competitive compensation
- Work with very talented people who are creating the world's best HR platform
- Flexible schedule
- Opportunities for professional development
We are a startup, and that means we need to push a little harder than the average bear but we still live fairly balanced lives and we're having a blast doing so. We're not looking to just fill a position here. We're looking for someone to join our team who will be committed to the team and our vision.
What we can assure you are huge opportunities for personal and professional growth, fun times, the thrill of working with great people to create something special and the potential of achieving out of the ordinary success. If these work qualities are of interest to you, apply now.