Posted August 20th 2017
We?re looking for an internet-inclined copy-lover to join our team and lead the creation, and promotion, of a new form of ?news?. This publication, housed on Movember.com, will tackle men?s health head on.
It will provide genuinely valuable content to our highest value audience: well educated men between the ages of 30-50 who are in full time employment. These men spend significant time online, and the Content Specialist will know how to get a slice of that pie using the non-profit sized resources at hand, and know how to drive traffic to their content through SEO and Google Adwords optimization.
For example: globally, the rate of suicide is alarmingly high: we lose a man to suicide every minute of every day. The Content Specialist will proactively investigate the reasons for this, the work being done to address the trend, and where possible, will write, film or design powerful content ? using the Foundation?s wealth of knowledge ? to give men the tools to survive, and to thrive.
This role will concurrently be responsible for executing on our SEO and SEM strategy: overhauling our Adwords accounts, updating formats and copy and then deploying year-round activity optimized to align us with key search terms in our areas of expertise.
The Content Specialist will have a background in content marketing and be an expert in SEO and SEM ? they know exactly what our keyword strategy should look like, and can work directly with our tech team to ensure we?re testing and evolving.
The Content Specialist is as comfortable finessing a long form piece on trends in masculinity as he or she is creating a listicle on the five best commuter bikes for summer 2017. They will pitch the freshest angles on our cause areas to the rest of the editorial team, seeking out the most unexpected case studies or interrogating the latest research for the most illuminating insight for the Foundation?s audience. Whatever ?it? is: if in doubt, they write, film, or create it anyway.
Not only have they worked on or with SEO strategy and Adwords campaigns before, the Content Specialist speaks the language of each major social media platform. Although their main objective is to fuel the furnace of Movember.com, they know that their copy should shine across platforms.
- Flawless written and spoken English
- Demonstrated experience in attracting leads through use of content
- Demonstrated experience in working with and/or creating SEO strategy
- Mastery of running Google Adwords campaigns, from set up to reporting
- Experience in working with content management platforms
- Pieces on, for example, such areas as masculinity, life transitions, physical activity/sport, education, cancer, mental health and suicide
- 3+ years of writing/creating daily
- Multi-format content production skills (use of Photoshop/InDesign)
The role reports to the Global Digital Media Manager.
If you think you could be our Content Specialist, please:
- Provide links to your work, and a CV
- From a quick Google, give us your top tip for our Adwords strategy
- From a quick Google, give us your top tip for our SEO strategy
- Pitch one story idea, in no more than two paragraphs total
Please be aware that due to the high volume of applications, you may not be contacted unless you have been shortlisted.
Applications close August 25th.
Our fathers, partners, brothers and friends face a health crisis that isn?t being talked about. Men are dying too young. We can?t afford to stay silent. The Movember Foundation is the only charity tackling men?s health on a global scale, year round.