The Community Connector is responsible for the management and operations of WA Action according to the stated mandate and the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors. The coordinator's work is focused on supporting change in transportation, food security, and life-long learning specifically focused in the Westmorland Albert counties of southeast NB.
WA Action's mission is to link organizations with funding, training, support, and each other to maximize social impact. With the co-op's purpose of working to address the systemic issue of poverty by:
- Bringing together community stakeholders
- Identifying community assets and resources
- Building capacity
- Celebrating success
- Supporting innovation
- Fostering open communication among stakeholders
What you'll do
- Support the WA Action Board of Directors and Committees; implement the decisions of the Board
- Facilitate collaborative strategic planning processes to establish regional plan/priorities; monitor and report on progress
- Establish and grow a multi-sector networks to work together to help promote economic and social inclusion; share resources and promising practices
- Facilitate community conversations; cultivate interest groups to effect change; encourage networking and collaboration
- Work with partners and interest groups to develop strong initiatives that build on community assets and align with regional and provincial poverty reduction priorities
- Manage grant administration processes; provide support to partners on grant applications and reporting
- Source, analyze and summarize information from a variety of sources and prepare reports and recommendations
- Monitor and supervise the financial management of the organization
- Help build capacity within organizations and communities to support poverty reduction efforts
- Maintain relationships with funding agencies and sponsors; meet reporting requirements
- Identify opportunities for funding and develop grant applications
- Communicate with and manage staff, contractors, and partner projects
What you'll need
Education: College Degree
Language: English, French
We're looking for
A little bit about us
- WA Action links organizations with funding, training, support, and each other to maximize social impact.
- Nous mettons les organismes en contact les uns avec les autres et avec des sources de financement, de formation et de soutien afin de maximiser leur impact social.
- Empowered community groups achieving their dreams and uncovering their community's potential.
- Nous donnons aux groupes communautaires les moyens nécessaires pour réaliser leurs rêves et découvrir le potentiel de leur communauté.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
The Community Connecter role allows the individual a significant amount of flexibility and creativity. This role would be best suited for a person that has some of the following qualities and characteristics:
- Works to build community in his or her life
- Enjoys meeting people and bringing together people with common interests
- Enjoys challenges and doesn‘t give up
- Stays positive and flexible, adjusts expectations, and knows that things take time
- Leads by example
- Committed to lifelong learning
- Someone who is able to find ways to take care of and renew him- or herself