Are you the type of person who lives, sleeps and breathes communication plans?
Do you always try to find creative and innovative ways to get the message out?
Are you Fantastic at Facebook, Trending on Twitter, Impressive on Instagram or are you Linked In?
United Way is looking to add the right person to join a dynamic team to create lasting and real impact in our communities.
You would assist in the : development of brand communication plans, print materials, advertising design / production, execution of direct mail, advertising and promotional campaigns, website update and design, social media strategy, and public relations.
This position will support United Way of Southeastern NB (Moncton) and United Way of Central NB (Fredericton). The location could be Fredericton or Moncton.
The right person is brand driven and stakeholder focused with experience in communications planning, issues management, media relations and content development for digital and traditional media.
They will have a background that is team oriented with detail to clients and partner organizations to develop high quality communications plans and products.
· Implement new brand standards in all communications and activities
· Assist in developing and implementing materials to ensure brand consistency
· Manage proactive media relations
· Develop and maintain a Social Media Strategy
· Develop communications materials for internal and external audiences
· Coordinate media relations for special events in conjunction with the Executive Directors, campaign, and community development staff and volunteers
· Post-secondary degree/diploma in public relations or equivalent
· Competent in Microsoft Suite, QuarkXpress, Adobe Creative Suite, PageMaker, WordPress and all social media platforms
· Minimum three years experience in public relations or communications
· Experience creating PowerPoint presentations
· Graphic design and layout experience an asset
· Experience working with volunteers or in a non-profit environment
· Social media brand management
· Strong interpersonal skills required
· Superior written and oral communication skills
Must be fluently bilingual (Written and spoken French and English)
United Way works to improve communities in New Brunswick. It creates long-term, sustainable change; moving people from poverty to possibility, creating strong communities, and ensuring that kids are all that kids can be. Working for over 60 years in New Brunswick, United Way partners with community organisations to invest strengthen and collaborate.
United Way Mission
To improve lives and build community by engaging individuals and mobilizing collective action.
United Way Values
· Demonstrate trust, integrity, respect, inclusivity, and transparency
· Energize and inspire volunteerism and volunteer leadership
· Endorse innovation, partnerships and collective action
· Provide non-partisan leadership
· Embrace diversity