Commercial Drywall (Construction) Foreman
FundyPros was founded in 1993 and has grown extensively during the past years. Today, the company is the largest employer of Drywall professionals in the Atlantic Province’s Construction Industry. Our success and growth is possible because of the qualities and abilities of our employees and our dedication to client service principles. Due to our continued growth and our desire to be even better at what we do; we are seeking the professional services of a dynamic and enthusiastic Commercial Drywall (Construction) Foreman
The main purpose of the Commercial Drywall (Construction) Foreman is to work on FundyPros’ construction projects. The Foreman is to independently and safely carry out duties in the Core Responsibility Areas (Steel Stud Framing, Drywall Installation, Suspended Acoustic Ceiling Installation, Crack filling).
The Commercial Drywall (Construction) Foreman also supervises and coordinates activities of workers. The Foreman manages small, medium or large construction projects.Responsibilities
The Commercial Drywall (Construction) Foreman may have to carry out duties in the following:
- Steel Stud Framing, Drywall Installation, Suspended Acoustic Ceiling Installation and/or Crack Filling
- Study building plans and specifications in order to organize and control the project
- Organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
- Manage construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules
- Ensure that adequate and required building materials and equipment are available in order to meet project goals.
- Responsible for ensuring that employees are provided with clear direction and communications, effective supervision and motivation to effectively meet the business requirements.
- Identify training needs and oversee on site or job specific training.
- Perform Hazard Assessments, Tool Box Meetings and Site Orientations
- Inspect construction sites to ensure compliance with government regulations regarding workplace safety
- Prepare various documents including Request for Information (RFIs), Purchase Orders, Health and Safety Documents and assist in preparing Work Orders
- Approve employees’ Timecards daily, and ensure accurate time keeping and expense reimbursement
The Commercial Drywall (Construction) Foreman position requires that the incumbent have a thorough knowledge of the construction industry. The ideal candidate must have:
- Excellent knowledge of construction related fields
- A minimum of 4 years work experience in the construction industry.
- Reading skills to be able to read instructions on various tasks related to the work being completed
- Mathematical Skills to be able to add, subtract and multiply figures and measurements
- Strong awareness of safety practices.
- The ability to read and interpret building drawings and designs
- Strong Project Management Skills
- GREAT organizational, motivational and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to use email service (Microsoft Outlook) and a smart phone/tablet
FundyPros offers a flexible work and rewarding work environment that is both stimulating and diversified. This position is a full time position that offers a competitive compensation package, including competitive wages, a generous benefit plan and an optional pension plan.