Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
The CEO of the Startup Zone is integral to the development and management of PEI's business incubator. The CEO will continue to develop the programming and financial management of the organization. They are expected to work a standard work week at the Startup Zone during office hours, but there will be some night and weekend work to assist the Startup Zone programming and hosting of events. The CEO will be required to adhere to the confidentiality and standards set out by the Startup Zone Employee Handbook, and will report to the Board of Directors.
Compensation: $65,000 - $85,000 salary range based on experience. Cell phone covered, parking, and RRSP and health benefits. Vacation to be negotiated.
General Management & Operations of the Centre
- Develop a plan to meet the objectives of the strategic plan
- Work with the Board to develop and grow the incubator
- Day-to-day activities, programs, initiatives and people in a dynamic environment
- Developing relations with startups to ensure their needs are addressed
- Oversee hiring, management and development of staff
Program Development & Community Events
- Develop initiatives within the centre to aid in the development of early-stage entrepreneurs and startups
- Partner with entrepreneur related organization
- Organize and develop new programs and events
- Proactively identify and build relationships and partnerships
- Develop sponsorship opportunities
- Marketing and promotion of the business incubator and resident companies
Financial Management & Fundraising
- Manage finances for the Incubator
- Develop funding proposals and reports for government and private sponsors
- Actively engage and energize volunteers, board members, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement delivering on the strategic plan.
- University degree in a related field
- Management of a non-profit organization
- Startup or Entrepreneurial experience preferred
- Program Development and Event Management
- Demonstrated experience in Financial Management
Applications are due by Friday, January 15th at 4:00pm AST. Please apply through the Career Beacon link.