Posted August 1st 2017
Business Development Manager
We are looking for an all-star Business Development Manager to grow the depth and breadth of BlueDot’s client and partner base. We have deep experience in offering consulting services and web applications for large clients in the government and insurance spaces, and will be growing this side. Moreover, we are beginning to enter the consumer mobile app market. We are growing rapidly and are looking for someone to identify and actively pursue business opportunities to broaden our horizons. As the Business Development Manager, your role will be equal parts strategy and execution. You will be working closely with our CEO and Director of Strategy in shaping BlueDot’s market approach, as well as executing on it.
What you will be doing:
- Managing all phases of the sales lifecycle for web and mobile products and services within BlueDot’s highly collaborative environment
- Leading and managing the creation of business plans, financial models, and our overall sales strategy & executing on it
- Identifying and actively pursuing business opportunities for BlueDot, including new clients, partners, and potential investors
- Making business recommendations to our CEO & Director of Strategy based on your frontline feedback
- With support of Business Analyst, generating pitches, proposals and other materials that help us market and sell BlueDot’s unique products and services
- Understanding the competitive landscape thoroughly to determine how to best position BlueDot
- Tracking all leads through a sales management tool
- Leading contract negotiation and the closing new clients
- Representing BlueDot externally at conferences and meetings with the goal of driving business and partnerships
- Working with our CEO & Director of Strategy to develop fundraising plans
- Staying ahead of infectious disease industry trends
We are looking for someone who:
- Is excited at the opportunity to work directly with leaders in shaping the strategy of a company that’s making an impact
- Has an undergraduate degree in Marketing, Business or a related field
- Has a love for growing businesses with 3- 5 years of prior sales and business development experience
- Has experience in developing and executing on sales strategies with web and mobile products
- Is a superb communicator
- Has strong business analytical skills
- Is curious and passionate about continuous learning
- Has knowledge of sales management tools (e.g. Salesforce CRM, Pipedrive, etc.)
- Is comfortable handling multiple tasks simultaneously, setting priorities, and accommodating rush requests
- Has a high attention to accuracy because you know the details matter
- Has strong business writing skills and a knack for writing words that influence
- Has demonstrated ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
Ideally, you also have:
- An MBA
- Experience in the health/tech sector
- Experience developing a market for mobile consumer apps
- Experience working with VCs/impact investors
- A proven record of accomplishment in securing significant grants from private foundations
Schedule: 1 year contract (with possibility to turn permanent)
Work Location: 209 Victoria St., Toronto, ON
For more information, visit: http://bluedot.global
Application Instructions: Please apply with your resume and a cover letter that outlines why your skills, experience and personality would make you an excellent candidate for the Business Development Manager role at BlueDot. https://www.fitzii.com/apply/19932?s=c7
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*BlueDot is a Certified B Corp, which means we are certified to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
BlueDot is composed of an intentionally eclectic collective of scientists, mavericks, data geeks, design thinkers and do-gooders united in a singular desire to outsmart infectious disease. In today’s highly connected world the global population has become increasingly vulnerable to infectious disease and the devastating impact of an outbreak. We generate cutting-edge data analysis, proprietary technology and actionable knowledge in the service of preventing, detecting, and mitigating a number of today’s most pressing global health issues. Drawing from a range of expertise – epidemiology, medicine, ecology, mathematical modeling, geospatial analytics, data science & engineering, design, and development – BlueDot applies human and machine-driven analytics to big data, generates insights from it, and translates these insights into digestible products and services.
Our HR strategy is very simple – encourage people who are passionate about making a difference in the world to join their unique skills and perspectives within a diverse team, where each member is working on the things they love to do. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” (Albert Schweitzer) We are successful together by uniting our team members’ unique strengths and passions.
Together we can create a healthier and safer world.