Posted December 2nd 2017
HiMama is looking for a super organized, energetic and self-motivated individual to join our fast-paced working environment in Toronto. As our Brand Ambassador & Office Co-ordinator you will be the glue connecting the HiMama team together by being a culture captain internally and externally, while also helping us with a variety of operational and administrative tasks. If you naturally energize those around you and love checking things off your to-do list then this role may be a good fit for you.
HiMama is an innovative and fast-growing social enterprise that is passionate about early childhood education. We’re a driven and genuine team that works hard to support our educators and families and are always looking for new people to join our team that share our excitement to change the world in a positive way. Great candidates for this role will be scrappy, self-starters that like to get things done and keep everything around them in order!
- Foster a high performance, compassionate culture: Plan social events and celebrations, manage professional development activities like our book club, organize fun team games, recognize birthdays and anniversaries, and give people high-fives when they’re kickin butt
- Lead key aspects of our recruiting efforts: Maintain job postings on websites, represent HiMama at startup and tech recruiting events, conduct initial screening calls with candidates, and onboard new team members to make them feel at home with us
- Support the team with administrative tasks and office up-keep: Maintain a tidy office environment, collect mail, ensure we’re well stocked with snacks and drinks, and create the best possible office environment
- Assist with operational activities: Create and run reports, help with social media, book flights and accommodations for travel, setup friendly sales competitions, and deposit cheque payments at the bank
- Naturally upbeat personality that lifts the spirits of those around you
- Generosity of spirit and great sense of humour
- Evidence of independence and self-starter attitude
- If you see an issue, you want to fix it, without being asked
- Very strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer / tech skills
- Making others happy intrinsically makes you happy
- Resourceful, priding yourself on doing things others couldn’t
- Take pride in your work, no matter how big or small
- Organized with a track record of attention to detail
- 1 year of full-time experience in a professional office environment
- Flexible work hours in a friendly, including pet friendly, environment
- Catered lunch and learns for personal and professional development
- Book clubs, fitness teams, social breaks and all sorts of other fun team activities
- Health and dental benefits with 100% premium covered by HiMama
- Ongoing team success celebrations and social activities, including beer and wine Fridays
- Compassionate and supportive team culture where you’ll make lifelong friends
HiMama (www.himama.com) is a Toronto-based startup and social enterprise that helps working parents connect with their children through technology. We enable child care programs to communicate with parents through messaging, photos, videos and reports, allowing parents to stay connected with their children no matter where they are.
Over 150 million moments have been recorded and shared through HiMama, with moments being shared every second in over 30 countries. But we’re just getting started. Our team is passionate about what we’re doing and our goal is to connect parents and child care programs everywhere.