Our client has an immediate opening for a Bookkeeper/Payroll Specialist. This position is for a one-year maternity leave and will report to the Controller. This individual will be responsible for bi-weekly payroll processing (120-140 employees), daily bank reconciliations, accounts payable, month end procedures and inventory management. This position involves a significant amount of telephone communication with internal partners, so the ability to build great relationships is key. You must have your own reliable transportation to and from work as this client is just outside city limits.
What you'll do
· Process regularly scheduled company payroll including collecting, calculating and entering data
· Daily bank reconciliations
· Accounts payable including verification of invoice approvals, purchase orders and vendor balances
· Month end financial preparations including accounts payable, payroll accruals and inventory expense/volume reconciliation
· Act as first point of contact for internal and external clients
· Maintenance of loan payment schedules
· Any such other duties which may be required from time to time
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Priority Personnel Inc.
For over 20 years, Priority has been one of Atlantic Canada's premier, full-service Recruitment Specialists/Human Resource consulting firms.
We will help you "find the right fit" for your team and help you train, develop and manage your team as your business grows. Our strong talent pool contains the brightest and the best. Whether you are looking for that key person, or a large pool of candidates to create a strong team, at Priority you choose from an excellent selection of candidates!
At Priority our goal is to understand your needs and objectives, and to deliver results that exceed your expectations for:
Executive and Permanent Placements
Human Resource Consulting
Skill and Profle Assessment