Do you want to make a difference? Join the world's largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking a bilingual (English and French) Client Service Representative, Tier 1, for People Services (HR).
Reporting to the Manager, Shared Services, People Services (HR) the Client Service Representative, Tier 1 will support the transition to and daily operations of one country wide People Services (PS)/Human Resources (HR) Shared Services team. This new virtual Shared Services team will be responsible for the transactional activities associated with the Employee life cycle. Working in a virtual team environment, the Client Service Representative will be focused on delivering consistent, high quality, scalable activities and services that meet client expectations.
All members of the People Services (PS) team are expected to demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and change leadership to support the success of the PS team and the Canadian Red Cross as a whole.
What you'll do
- Acts as the first line of support for current and prospective CRC personnel in order to resolve a wide variety of client inquiries and requests - actively triaging, resolving, and/or escalating each item as defined by service level agreements
- Promotes the use of self- serve options during every contact. Provides information on established People Services processes and policies to clients.
Client Relations (Recruitment, Onboarding and off- boarding of clients):
- Coordinates with a variety of internal and external clients for the effective management of the recruitment processes for positions assigned
- Receives and tracks all required documentation/information regarding applicants, and refers appropriate applicants to client groups for follow up;
- Responsible for supporting the hiring managers through the recruitment process by posting positions on internal and external websites as requested.
Administration / Quality Control:
- Provides administrative information to Programs / Geographies on the annual service awards and recognition programs
- Collects, tracks and records data in relation to the work within the scope of responsibility;
- Assists with the preparation of various progress and evaluation reports as they relate to the Shared Services Function.
- Utilizing Volunteer Resource Management best practices, works with a team of client service volunteers, that will support the service delivery team to manage and direct all inquires and requests in a timely manner, as required;
- Provides input into volunteer performance; provides recommendations as required;
- Mentors volunteers and assists to Resolve problems as required;
- Supports the recruitment and engagement of a pool of people services volunteers as required.
- During times of disaster response, this role may provide People Services support within the People Services emergency response structure, or extended coverage for business continuity.
- This may require deployment away from home for periods of several weeks
- Ensures own understanding and familiarity with emergency response systems, structures and tools including usage of new software.
What you'll need
The incumbent must have the commitment to the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Movement and model the core competencies of the CRCS: team excellence, service excellence, accountability and results focused. Must have knowledge of Human Resources and/or Volunteer Resources, as well as computer literacy with a focus on data entry and database management. This position requires a satisfactory Canadian criminal record reference check. Other skills, abilities and assets include:
Education and Experience:
- College diploma in a related discipline (Human Resource, Volunteer Resources, business, administration, contact centre support) and/or 1-2 years of client service experience, preferably in a shared services/contact centre environment;
- Experience providing client service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Skills and Abilities:
- This position is responsible for performing the duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision and instruction, and a high degree of accuracy with superior customer service
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral; in both French and English
- Excellent attention to detail and data entry skills;
- Organizational skills and the ability to understand detailed information;
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Effective problem solving skills;
- Good command of the MS Office Suite;
- Strong time management and prioritization skills;
- Ability to form effective working relationships;
- Flexibility, initiative and independence
- Experience working with Applicant Tracking Systems
- Experience with administration of online learning software
- Experience working in a not for profit environment
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience in personnel recruitment
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Canadian Red Cross
A Canadian humanitarian charitable organization, and one of 190 national Red Cross and Red Crescent societies.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Work is mostly performed in an office environment as part of a virtual team. Meetings and supervision may be a combination of in person, by telephone or through other electronic means. Hours of service are based on 35-hour work weeks, Monday to Friday. Ability to work non-traditional and longer hours often on short notice, especially during times of emergency response. Domestic travel may be required, including deployment to difficult / restricted locations. Field missions can involve working in environments that are unstable and with unpredictable access to basic services in emergency contexts.
Please note that there is no relocation package for this position.
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record, reference check, valid provincial driver's license, and First Aid certification (training provided.) The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.