Back-End Developer in eSports Startup
Repable powers data-informed decision making for streamers and eSports athletes. Our passion is gaming, and we're constantly flipping back and forth between hard work and quick bursts of Overwatch, Hearthstone, League & other games. We usually have Azubu, Twitch or YouTube live streaming in the background. Our expertise is in analytics & data, and we're pooling on that knowledge to change the way the gaming industry operates.
We’re currently looking for a back-end developer to turn our MVP into something scalable. The position requires a lot of flexibility and deep knowledge in scraping and API consumption. Ideally, you have experience working with startups and/or with analytics companies. You'll be working with a rounded team of individuals, including a product manager, a front-end developer and a dedicated UI/UX designer. Given that the team is small, you'll be able to dabble into many parts of the development process, while keeping a strong focus on our back-end services.
We’re a small team based out of Toronto, ON but are looking for like-minded individuals to grow with us within North America. You don't need to live in Canada to be eligible for this position, but we'd prefer it if you were.
What Your First Year Will Look Like:
- You'll be an integral part of building the Repable platform. This includes API integration with 3rd party sites, web scraping using AWS / cloud services, and the set up of a basic consumer-facing SaaS service back end.
- You’ll play a role in the direction and growth plan of product, and implement that vision from a tech perspective. This means that some days, you’ll be discussing traffic growth and elasticity with the team, the advisors and investors of the company.
- You’ll help the company stay real, by showing us solutions that will give us 80% of what we need for 20% of the cost.
- Work with people who have done this before
- A competitive startup salary
- Stock options - a part of this company could be yours
- Grow the early stage of a company