We’re looking for an experienced, demonstrably competent Audio Software Developer to help us build and improve AmpMe, which is, as you know, probably the best music app in the history of the world.
Your primary focus will be the development and improvement of our core music synchronization technology. Your secondary focus will be enjoying our fantastic office life. And finally, in your spare time, you will be tasked with participating in Rocket League tournaments, which we take extremely seriously.
Seriously though, our app is used all around the world in ways that we haven't even realized yet, and it's just the tip of the iceberg of what we can accomplish. You'll be an essential part of our team, helping scale AmpMe to millions of people!
- Lead the development and implementation effort of our audio playback and synchronization technology
- Research and develop new audio improvements and synchronization techniques
- Collaborate with the team to define, design, build and ship new features
- Take data-driven decisions about the future of the player
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- A strong desire to work and learn in a fast-paced environment
- Programming expertise in Rust, or any native languages such as C/C++ used on cross-platform (Android, iOS, MacOS, Windows)
- Experience in audio software development, preferably as an audio or game engine core developer
- Experience with multimedia processing (mux/demux/encoding/decoding/resampling)
- Experience with audio libraries (ex: CoreAudio, OpenSLES, AAudio, FFmpeg, SDL, etc.)
- Good knowledge of mathematics related to audio signal processing (FFT, convolution, correlation, etc.)
- Good knowledge of low-level, high performance and concurrent programming
- Knowledge of mobile technologies (iOS, Android) and/or embedded development an asset
- Familiarity with test driven development and continuous integration
- To learn (or perfect) to code with the latest programming language (Rust)
- A fun place to work and meaningful challenges that will touch people around the world
- A week vacation to the destination of your choice before you start
- A brand new laptop and premium headphones of your choice (Bluetooth or wired, since we know you care about audio quality)
- Private health clinic and comprehensive health benefits (we pay everything, no deductions on your pay!)
- Salary based on experience
- Up to 10% yearly bonus, based on team performance.
- Stock options — if the company does well, everyone does well!
- Office toys — from a VR room to N64
- Bragging rights when our app takes over the world
What you'll need
Education: College Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Language: English, French (an asset)
We're looking for
A little bit about us
AmpMe launched in late 2015, bringing a spontaneous idea to reality, raised over 13 million dollars in funding to become the world's first social music platform. Named one of the most innovative apps by Google, AmpMe has been downloaded over 12 million times by music lovers across the globe. Our current world record is over 22,000 phones synced at the same time. Let's break it together!
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We were named one of the best apps of 2016 by Google, our app was downloaded over 6 million times, and we're bringing people together through music. Come join us in making a difference around the world!