We’re looking for an experienced, demonstrably competent Audio Software Developer to help us build and improve AmpMe, which is, as you know, probably the best music app in the history of the world.
Your primary focus will be the development and improvement of our core music synchronization technology. Your secondary focus will be enjoying our fantastic office life. And finally, in your spare time, you will be tasked with participating in Rocket League tournaments, which we take extremely seriously.
Seriously though, our app is used all around the world in ways that we haven't even realized yet, and it's just the tip of the iceberg of what we can accomplish. You'll be an essential part of our team, helping scale AmpMe to millions of people!
- Lead the development and implementation effort of our audio playback and synchronization technology
- Research and develop new audio improvements and synchronization techniques
- Collaborate with the team to define, design, build and ship new features
- Take data-driven decisions about the future of the player
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- A strong desire to work and learn in a fast-paced environment
- Programming expertise in Rust, or any native languages such as C/C++ used on cross-platform (Android, iOS, MacOS, Windows)
- Experience in audio software development, preferably as an audio or game engine core developer
- Experience with multimedia processing (mux/demux/encoding/decoding/resampling)
- Experience with audio libraries (ex: CoreAudio, OpenSLES, AAudio, FFmpeg, SDL, etc.)
- Good knowledge of mathematics related to audio signal processing (FFT, convolution, correlation, etc.)
- Good knowledge of low-level, high performance and concurrent programming
- Knowledge of mobile technologies (iOS, Android) and/or embedded development an asset
- Familiarity with test driven development and continuous integration
- To learn (or perfect) to code with the latest programming language (Rust)
- A fun place to work and meaningful challenges that will touch people around the world
- A week vacation to the destination of your choice before you start
- A brand new laptop and premium headphones of your choice (Bluetooth or wired, since we know you care about audio quality)
- Private health clinic and comprehensive health benefits (we pay everything, no deductions on your pay!)
- Salary based on experience
- Up to 10% yearly bonus, based on team performance.
- Stock options — if the company does well, everyone does well!
- Office toys — from a VR room to N64
- Bragging rights when our app takes over the world
What you'll need
Education: College Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Language: English, French (an asset)
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Established in 2015 and born out of Montreal, Quebec (Canada), AmpMe has become the global leader in terminating awkward silences and turning the party up! We're building the future of music, and bringing people together.
Imagine being able to start a party anywhere you go.
Music has the power to move and inspire, and we're on a mission to bring a portable sound system to everyone, regardless of where you are and what device you have on you. The technology we're building brings people together in the real world, crafting unforgettable moments and ever-lasting memories.
As a team, we learn, we share and we break boundaries. Passion is the background music to our journey, and we're looking forward to having you along with us for the ride!
Diversity is something that we care deeply about, not only because we believe it makes us a better team, it also gives us more insights into building a consumer product that people will love. We're proud to count people from Canada, Spain, France, Iran, China, Columbia, Chile, US, Brazil and India among the team!
Finally, although we are serious about the work we do and the challenge we're undertaking, we collaborate with respect, humour and kindness.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We were named one of the best apps of 2016 by Google, our app was downloaded over 6 million times, and we're bringing people together through music. Come join us in making a difference around the world!